Don’t chicken out on a Support role!

I’d say that to maybe fix this meta, they should add an actual support slot for groups. This way it’s not removing an actual dps.

1 Like

I have a post on a new Monk spec being a support. It increases the effectiveness of their Mystic Touch on enemies, so I guess I’m a bit of a hypocrite, but hey. Check out the post if you want, haha

1 Like

Yes having an additional player to babysit will go over well with tanks and healers, I’m sure.

1 Like

Well, this all comes down to what Blizz does this the “support” role. Keep or scrap it, who know? >.>

1 Like

I think it’s pretty clear this is headed for the scrap-heap and was just something that looked good on a whiteboard and they never actually thought through.

Considering many people can sell 20 carries that are 4 manned…yes?

2 Likes

They can just…adjust the numbers some.

This idea that it can’t be balanced is asinine.

Cluthmates, Chrono ward, ebon might, their mastery, the scales that go on the tank (forget the name) are all spells that can be tuned up or down.

1 Like

…tries the ‘challenge their honor’, route. :joy:

3 Likes

It can be but would require a lot more than just “adjust the numbers”.

I’ll just keep pasting this over and over again, I guess.

If 1 DPS does 1 unit of damage.
And 2 DPS do 2 units of damage.
Then 3 DPS should do 3 units of damage.

3 DPS, one of whom is aug, are doing more than 3 DPS worth of damage.

Nerf it to the ground to bring them in line.

And at that point, your net contribution to the group will be the same as bringing any other DPS… except you don’t really do anything and rely on others to do it with your assistance.

And that will NOT be popular.

The last part is a pretty giant assumption.

Different people like different playstyles.

1 Like

Trying to readd supports with only one spec in said role was a very stupid choice by Blizzard.

Why?

If ebon might, clutchmates, blisterscales (or whatever it’s called), chrono ward, mastery scaling, and breath were all nerfed by 90% with no other ability changes (tuning numbers only) would Aug still be good? It sounds like you’re saying yes, even nerfing all that by 90% Aug would still be too powerful.

It’s still going to be an amazing support class. The amount of utility/group buffs alone they bring is bonkers. Shifting some of the power back to the Aug and a bit less for the group is fine.

1 Like

Twenty five years of playing MMO’s has shown me differently, and I doubt player psychology has changed that much.

Which will have to change.

But your post does reinforce the main point: people are only playing the spec because it’s overpowered, not because they enjoy playing a ‘buff class’.

And no spec stays OP forever.

3 Likes

You can say that about literally every class.

How about the massive shift from prot warrior at launch to guardian now? We went a complete reversal.

I bet players just happen to enjoy playing prot at launch and then just happen to enjoy guardian right as they were buffed…

1 Like

Perhaps. But it was also brave.

1 Like

Your point is void if a single person actively enjoys the role beyond its numbers. I am that person.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the main point I was replying to was them “chickening out” on the support role. Let’s say Blizz did as you put it:

They would still be an amazing class to bring simply because of buffs/OH/utility.

1 Like