Don’t chicken out on a Support role!

Again, I’m fine with the nerf. Read the OP. My issue is the shifting damage profile into just another generic DPS.

No… what they said was this:

2 Likes

I do think they need to increase the duration empower spells give to Ebon Might if you hold them longer. It feels weird being forced to use level 1 empowers most of the time.

3 Likes

And they described the playstyle as what they consider to be unhealthy.

1 Like

It is unhealthy for the game in the way that I described. Yes.

2 Likes

You’re misreading it to further a false narrative.

2 Likes

Why not just make Ebon Might as impactful as Windfury and call it a day, then?

I said I like the class, but it’s unhealthy for the game in many different ways regarding meta, stat scaling, and the future of class design. I cleared a mythic +17 as an ilvl 387 Aug. Could any other DPS do that?

2 Likes

Lol ok so let’s nerf all the buff you provide the group and leave your dps the same then.

Face it you just want free carry coz you can buff the group and do nothing.

2 Likes

Again, if it’s so destructive, why keep Ebon Might at all as a mechanic?

And the fact of the matter is, this is still gonna be possible. Even with these nerfs. The responsibility of this spec is significantly lower with how it’s designed. It’s always going to be able to be carried. That’s the unfortunate truth.

1 Like

I mean, I have a post advocating for it’s removal but people don’t agree. Granting flat stats is a dangerous game they’re playing. That’s not what a support class is to me.

1 Like

Wasn’t the nerf to compensate for the fact that 2 Dk and 22 Augment downed a heroic boss in like 25 seconds? Only nerf Ive heard of so far is how many buffs one toon can have.

2 Likes

Anybody remember when Enhancement Shaman’s shtick was that they did more for the group than for themselves?

That didn’t last long.

Neither will Augmentation.

3 Likes

That’s a seperate thing addressing buff stacking. They added some more “nerfs” which I personally see as buffs.
Evoker

• Augmentation
  • Developers’ notes: Augmentation is overperforming in dungeons and is doing less direct damage than intended relative to the power of their buffing effects. These adjustments will increase their personal damage in all situations and moderately reduce the effectiveness of their buffs in dungeon content.
    • Close as Clutchmates now causes Ebon Might and Breath of Eons to be 20% more effective when not in a raid (was 40%).
    • Fixed a bug where Close as Clutchmates would not increase the Evoker’s damage done via Ebon Might for periodic effects such as Fire Breath.
    • Ebon Might now increases the Evoker’s damage done by 20% (was 10%).
    • Eruption damage increased by 40%.
    • Fate Mirror’s chance to occur reduced to 15% (was 20%).
    • Aspects’ Favor amplifies Black Attunement to 7%/10% maximum health (was 10%/16%).

And there’s the true colours revealed. You claim to love Augmentation, but paradoxically don’t want it to have any support elements. When Augmentation exists explicitly to be a support spec.

There was a limit placed to prevent buff stacking. 100% warranted and does not affect any reasonably built group.

1 Like

I love Earth Magic and supporting. I like the class, but it supports in a different way than I prefer. I still like the idea. Stop trying to pick apart what I’m saying.

2 Likes

“I love Retribution, but can we do away with this zealous crusader vibe?”

“I love Holy, but I hate healing - can it to DPS instead?”

1 Like

One day I gotta watch that video n see my beloved Dks being op af for a minute.