☼ Dominion of the Sun (H/RP) ☼

Belore as my witness, I pledge myself to the Knights of the Sun. The Code is preserved within my heart, as true today as it will be tomorrow. To live with honor, to fight with honor, and to die with honor, there shall be no exception.

General Info
:desktop_computer: Website: dominionots (.com)
:classical_building: Leadership: Aedien, Erilihn, Feliathe, Pyreen, Rathaes, Desstis

About Us :wave:
Founded in 2010, the Dominion of the Sun is one of the most recognizable blood elf guilds on the server. Our story remains true to the fantasy of the sin’dorei, inspired by one of the most tragic races of Azeroth and their quest to restore the pride of a shattered kingdom. From one epic campaign to the next, we invite adventurers of all kinds to join us in the most immersive experience the World of Warcraft has to offer.

Roleplay :speech_balloon:
The Dominion of the Sun is a Thalassian order devoted to blood elf sovereignty. From its headquarters in Zenith, the order keeps watch over Azeroth, quelling any threat to the security of Quel’Thalas. The order maintains an advanced arsenal of unrivaled innovations in elven magitech, empowering them to defeat adversaries of all kinds. Numerous houses and organizations have pledged themselves to the Dominion of the Sun, each specializing in its own unique path to victory.

PVP :crossed_swords:
The Dominion of the Sun is an RP-PVP guild, which means we often participate in organized PVP functions that are incorporated into our story as part of the immersion. Joining an RP-PVP guild does not mean you are required to be good at PVP. In fact, participating in these events is completely optional. However, we will strongly encourage you to improve your game and promise to make every effort to help equip your character for battle. After all, you have the power to write history.

Divisions

• :bow_and_arrow: The Rising Wing: In order to secure Thalassian interests at home and abroad, an elite cadre of infiltrators, saboteurs, spies, and disciplined agents were needed… thus was born the Rising Wing. Like their Farstrider predecessors, these veteran rangers have spent years honing their craft. Varied in specialization, the Rising Wing employs a vast array of tactics to offset the nefarious meddling of hostile organizations like the SI:7.
  • :shield: The Burning Gauntlet: Favouring strength, determination and martial prowess, these first-rate fighters fiercely battle all who would oppose the Dominion of the Sun. The Burning Gauntlet comprises the Dominion’s heavier, melee-oriented knights. Consisting of paladins, warriors, and front-line professionals, the Gauntlet serves as the prime choice for the more demanding, warlike operations within the organization’s military. Seizing victory for the Dominion, the sin’dorei, and Quel’Thalas is this division’s foremost priority.
  • :crystal_ball: The Piercing Eye: There is no magic too dangerous to be studied by the renowned wizards of the Piercing Eye. Fully aware of the dangers of allowing power to fall into the wrong hands, these elven magi take a methodical approach to dispatching any threat to Quel’Thalas which cannot be eliminated by normal means. Their close monitoring of the anomalous has drawn ire from competitors such as the Kirin Tor.
  • :heart: The Cleansing Torch: The shrewd medical staff of the Cleansing Torch are engaged in a constant war with death itself. This assembly of healers rely on centuries of experience to combat maladies of every sort, from pernicious lesions to crippling plagues. It is the sacred duty of any member of the Cleansing Torch to ensure all defenders of Quel’Thalas are in prime condition to slay any threat to the realm.
  • :scroll: The Gleaming Quill: Paramount to the advancement of any society is education. The body of scholars comprising the Gleaming Quill are some of the brightest of Azeroth. Eager to share their wealth of knowledge to any sin’dorei willing to learn, these champions of wisdom pursue the mysteries of Azeroth with zealous determination.
  • :gear: The Ringing Hammer: Peerless in innovation, the Ringing Hammer is the Dominion’s prized think tank. Scientists, engineers, architects, inventors, and even artists are provided liberal funding to bring the organization’s lofty designs to fruition. These brilliant minds are not concerned with the means of their research, only progress. The imagination is a powerful tool of any empire, especially during times of war.

Joining
Although primarily a blood elf guild, the Dominion of the Sun is recruiting anyone regardless of their race, class, experience, or time zone. The process to join can be found in the link below. If you have any questions, one of the officers will be more than happy to help you.

8 Likes

Hi there! I’m Erilihn, one of the officers of DotS. If you’re looking to get in touch with me, you can either find me in game under the name Erilihn, or on Discord with the tag Finn#3817!

I’m a bit of a baby compared to the rest of the officers; I’ve only been here since spring of 2017. But! I love my guild and the people in it just as much as the rest of them do. :smiley: The members of Dominion are some of the nicest, most fun people I’ve ever met, and they’re my #1 reason for adoring this guild (though I have many reasons of course). Feel free to give us a poke if you want to hang out!

8 Likes

Hi, I’m Desstis. I play the character Desstis Cloudfarer and I’m a sub-officer in the Dominion.

Last year in March, I attended my first guild RP event with these guys. Ever since then, I’ve grown to love this guild and everyone in it. Being able to develop my character with other characters in the same story setting has been an amazing experience, and I’m so thankful that I’ve found a guild that I can call home. We always have fun, be it roleplay to just hanging in voice.

If you’re looking for blood elf paramilitary RP, then apply! If you’ve any questions about the guild, feel free to contact Desstis#5007 on Discord!

7 Likes

Hey, I’m Feliathe and I play Feliathe Dawnsinger, one of the officers here in DotS. You can find me in game as Feliathe, or on Discord as Feliathe#5085.

I’ve been with the Dominion for nearly 3 years now, as the very first guild I ever joined when I came over to Moon Guard from Cenarion Circle, and I’ve never looked back! The guild provides an amazing and friendly experience OOC and IC. We’ve got another great storyline in the works, so I’d highly recommend coming to check us out!

8 Likes

HI there, I’m Pyreen but people primarily know me by my nickname Cake. I’m an officer in DotS and primarily assist in OOC matters while doing things ICly in the later hours with our ‘nightshift’ group due to my timezone and RL responsibilities. I can be reached over btag at Cake#11842 but am almost always available over discord at Cake#3482.

I’ve been with Dominion since its creation and can’t be happier. The environment of the people in this guild is welcoming and we really do act like one big family. Members can come up with the most creative stories I have every seen and even when WoW tends to slow down a bit at the ends of expansions people can almost always be found in Discord chatting or playing games together. A guild should be a community, and I am proud to have this one. I would highly recommend checking the website and if you have nay questions do not be afraid to reach out to any of our officers who are always willing to assist!

8 Likes

Yo! I’m Rathaes, but most people know me as Vex. I’m one of the officers of the Dominion of the Sun. I’m always ready to answer any questions, so feel free to message me on Discord (Ravy#7842) or on Bnet (Vexille#11166).

I’ve been with the Dominion since the end of Wrath, and I’m thankful for the many stories that I’ve been apart of, both in the storytelling and as a participant. On top of that, I’ve met some of my best friends within the guild, both old and new. It’s been a wonderful few years, and I look forward to the many years that are to follow. I hope you decide to join us! We’re always happy to see new faces, and always excited to watch creativity bloom through the wonderful art of role-play. Thanks for stopping by, and see you soon.

6 Likes

Hola peeps! Names Aedien, also known as one of the guild drunks, and I’m one of the officers of the Dominion of the Sun. I’m open to help with anything you need via game (Longboards#1549) or Discord (Cop 47,987#0298).

Takes a sip of whiskey

I’ve been with the guild since the good old days of WotLK when the Dominion was starting to blossom. It’s got great history behind it; filled with many laughs and adventures we can tell by the fire. I’ve met a great of many peeps and friends since the early days of the guild and it continues with us moving through BFA. Whether you’re new to the whole rp scenario or a veteran we welcome you with open arms. So come on down to that there guild website of ours and give us a look. If you like us then send an application! You won’t be disappointed in what we have to offer and if you are… I’ll give you a sip of whiskey that can change your mind.

Hic

7 Likes

Jeiut here, many of you may know me and if you don’t know me… heh, your loss. Anyways, Dominion of the Sun is the guild for anyone looking to be the best at what they do, similar to how I am the best at everything I do.

Humbly,
Jeiut, Hero of the Horde
January 3rd, 2019 6:08 CST.

8 Likes

Lok’tar, I’m Bruttash, I play the character Bruttash Thunderlord, an old Orc fighting alongside these elves as a mercenary and acquaintance.

I joined this guild around the beginning of the year after being recruited by Cake during the server-wide event in Feralas. Despite them being a blood elf paramilitary group, they opened their arms to me and later down the road a mercenary group was founded by Rathaes’ orc character, “Lognash Hellsmash” called the Son’s of Hellsmash and I was invited to be the Farseer for the group.

What i’m trying to say is, this is an amazing and acceptive guild and no matter what your story or character, there will be a spot for you. I’ve met some amazing individuals that I can say are great friends and I’m keen to see you join the family!

Lok’tar Dominion of the Sun, Lok’tar Son’s of Hellsmash, For the Horde!

6 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m Alycia. I’m here to for-…convince you to join Dominion of the Sun!

I joined Dominion of the Sun back in late December of 2017, which makes me a baby compared to a large majority of the people on this thread, and I’ve honestly never felt more at home. The friendly greetings and humorous nights I’ve spent in the guild, plus the friendships and stories we’ve experienced together. I wouldn’t replace it for anything in the world. This guild is my home and it could be yours too.

4 Likes

G’day everyone! My name is Vanzam, but everyone knows me as Keylime. And you should join Dominion of the Sun!

I joined roughly a year ago when I was considering just cancelling my sub completely and moving on from a game that I had adored for so many years. I was lucky enough though to meet Cake in the Voice channel of the Friendly Moon Guard Discord and we got chatting for a while where I revealed that I had always thought about trying out Horde but believed there to be no RP community as I have been a red blooded Hordie for my entire WoW career (Until I got into RP).

And so I boosted a Blood Elf Hunter and made an ‘adequate’ application to the Dominion of the Sun and have now been apart of this amazing group of people for the past year and have not looked back.

Dominion of the Sun gave me a reason to start playing again and re-invigorated me to continue RPing and I will always be thankful to them for that. Not to mention that they are such a great bunch of guys and gals and there is never any shortage laughs or simply someone to sit there and talk to after a great or terrible day.

Thank you Dominion of the Sun for being the home I needed, I look forward to seeing many new faces.

3 Likes

Imagine the all the energy put into Sonichu and Uganda knuckles. This energy vibrant and colored by the full spectrum of the internet culture. We fart this energy on a daily basis.

It is the best energy. You know it, we at DotS know it. It is the premiere of meme RP guilds.

If you’re a young, and hip creative individual, who enjoys the cultured elements of the world wide web. Put on your speedy red shoes and blue overcoat, and take a quick trip on down to Dominion Town. Heh, ,

2 Likes

Thank you guys for coming last night <3 it was great seeing so many of you.

1 Like

Merry Christmas from the Dominion!

2 Likes

Big things soon…

1 Like

Our campaign series is off to a start! Exciting things are planned as the Dominion moves to establish a foothold outside of Quel’Thalas. We’d love to have you come along!

2 Likes

Big plans, big arcs, big RP!

We’re nearing the end of our current campaign, but another one is already in the works! We’re excited to continue telling these stories, and I can’t wait to see how our players will react to these events!

2 Likes

It is mandatory to have Discord or something? because I do not use any voice chat things (for personal problems)? I’m interesed.

Yes, D10 events are usually DM’d using Discord as it makes everything much smoother, and we regularly do announcements and such using Discord, so it’s necessary to at least listen in. We have members who do this and don’t use a mic.

1 Like