Dominate mind

What is the most useful characters to mc in dungeons? i know of the incorps but are there any other things i can exploit with dominate mind?

Thereā€™s a mob in everbloom that buffs people, thatā€™s kinda it for good ones that I recall.

I normally try and look for good dominates in every dungeon, but TBH I havenā€™t found any in this set that really feel great.

You CAN dominate in the final packs of DHT if youā€™re scared on a fort week because those packs can be rough, but itā€™s not really a time save as much as a ā€˜please donā€™t kill my paper tankā€™ pug tactic.

I will say, in DHT donā€™t even think of dominating the keepers. They still heal the plants while dominated :upside_down_face:.

Everbloom you can dominate the tenders for buffs, itā€™s OK but again not a huge timesave. Iā€™m PRETTY sure the mages before the mage boss are immune to MC? I think I tried once and it got immuned so I wrote it off. If you could though, it could also help out pugs on that pull since it can be very annoying on fort.

Atalā€™Dazar has pretty much nothing useful to MC.

I just havenā€™t run ToTT much, but almost anything in there should be MCable. Itā€™s probably OK if youā€™re worried about a pack again. Iā€™d think the only thing that would be very useful is the double sentinel pack - you can probably MC one. But the problem there is that those things have enormous health pools, so you probably lose time unless you pull it into the next pack.

Anything that MIGHT have been useful in BRH is undead. You can shackle some stuff though, like the archer volleys.

Havenā€™t messed with it in WCM but you SHOULD be able to MC the soul charmers? Which would mean your tank could get the warding candles buff, which would be nice for some meme pulls if it actually works. But Iā€™ve played with nobody organized enough to try it :stuck_out_tongue: Thereā€™s a ton of humanoids in this dungeon you can MC but none are particularly useful enough to mess with it IMO. Itā€™s just slightly extra damage. Thornkeepers can knockup though, so may be some use there.

Normally MC is best in dungeons where a mob has really strong CC or mitigation options. It reduces the damage of the MCed mob so much that itā€™s very rare we get something we can MC to actually blast. When we do itā€™s something like Mechagon where we MC something that summons something else that doesnā€™t get the MC debuff on it - thus giving us a ton of damage.

More often we get something that can heal or mitigate a ton which lets a tank do something crazier. That just doesnā€™t exist much in these dungeons (and I mean, these dungeons are a lot easier than our normal sets, so thereā€™s that too). Dominate feels more like an interrupt while in a serious pinch or a ā€œI donā€™t trust my group to play this mob in particular properlyā€ in this dungeon set.

2 Likes