Does your Warband have any headcanon?

Whoa. Don’t like the chaotic way of the new character screen.

After dropping my guard and upgrading to TWW last night, I believe my first head cannon will be to send Grymn here on “wellness checks” of my alts.

Cheers!
:beers:

I feel like someone on the WoW team had to get glasses this year and so they enlarged everything so they could see it. While I don’t mind that they offer this as an option, it shouldn’t be the default.

4 Likes

I stayed up last night waaay past my bedtime just so I could experience dynamic flight on a gryphon.

I was not disappointed! :metal:

I was so tired this morning that I ended up missing a couple scoops of coffee in the maker and almost gagged when I took my first swigs after I was 15 mins into my drive.

My Warband consists of several independent characters or krewes that work together or against one another potentially in some capacity. Some might have never even met, but every character that I do make is made with intention of being a part of the overall story and timeline that I choose to write. They all exist with the same universe, so it is possible they could meet at times. About 90% of them are directly connected though as a lot of them are all in the same xfaction and xrealm guild.

As an altoholic, the new log-in screen is very underdeveloped. The lack of UX/UI best practices exhibited here saddens and disturbs me almost as much as being faced with all of these alts.

That said, I just decided to put bank alts around the campfire and make my long list a series of rosters as they were. [edit: 3 bank alts + Sef on top]

It really is absolutely bonkers that we’re sitting here at 20 years of this game and they’re so proud of the new login screen and it looks like something we should have had 20 years ago.

I don’t know a thing about whatever UX/UI is, I just know it’s not user-friendly and I’m pretty disappointed that this is what they went with.

user experience/user interface design. Ideally in an org like blizz, they’d be distinct roles but in smaller orgs, often the same role (or both of these tacked on to other roles).

A proper process would have heaps of user research and user testing. It’s research → draft → test → iterate → repeat until the thing is amazing.

The lack of grouping/filtering/sorting features on a massive list shows this work was lacking.

“Throw a search bar – solved!” is something that would get anyone chewed out on a serious product development team.

So seeing this just gives me pause, like, wtf are they doing over there.

They KNOW plenty of people have alts and characters on different servers.

I liken this to my character collection being arranged on a series of shelves and coming home one day to find them in a pile in the corner of the room.

Not to be overly negative, though I do find it fun haha

3 Likes

I’ll be overly negative.

On one hand I feel like it’s such a dopey thing for me to be this annoyed over. On the other hand, I cannot stand it. Cannot. Stand. It.

So much so, I can’t get log off the screen quick enough when I boot up.

1 Like

Fal’therin, my void elf hunter, fought alongside Sarestha’s parents during the Second War. So there’s a loose association there, but nothing remotely close.

I decided my warband canon.

Juspion turns to his left to Juspion and says “Hi Juspion!!” Juspion responds with a warm response. “Hi Juspion!” The two Juspions turn to Juspion and say “Oh my, you look sick!” and Juspion responds “I’m dead HA HA!”. The Juspions all let out a hearty laugh “HA HA!!”.

The Juspions proceed to talk in incoherent Draenei babble till the end of time.

https://youtu.be/aZYcxUJ9Zjc?si=R3tFWRE3DccapT7z

4 Likes

My Warband is literally two characters and two alts who just exist.

It’s Vanndrel and his Pandaren Therapist Yotz.

It’s funny to log in and see Sef sitting there on the ground with 3 Goblin bank alts standing around, staring into the fire. I used to be a main… but my bags got full…

My new rogue is level 44ish and has enough XP in the mail to hit 70 instantly.

It’s amazing how any problem in my life seems to be solvable by leveling just one more rogue, I swear…

2 Likes

No headcanon, but where two of my characters are a couple, its nice to finally see them on screen together for the first time ever.

Now if only we would get a feature where your other characters can become your in-game followers, my fantasy of playing them both at the same time would be complete!

2 Likes