Does your monk scale horribly for timewalking?

Ok, I’ve found that my brewmaster scales extremely funky in any pre-pandaria expansion where we never existed.

My hp is frighteningly low, and I am hammering the purify button. I think the wrath timewalking was worse than BC or cata, but all of them are kinda bonkers. My damage is either weirdly high (cata) or non-existent (bc) but I can’t even focus on that because I am just trying not to die in two seconds flat.

I can’t even say it’s a gear issue because… scaling.

Do other monks experience this scaling issue in expansions where you never existed?

I noticed scaling issues with the Wrath TW, but I wrote it off as being a general issue with scaling at the time because it was the first TW of the expansion.

With the current BC TW, scaling seems better compared to the first Wrath TW, but I did find myself having to pull more slowly and carefully at times. BC dungeons are the land of stuns, and they were never meant to be steamrolled through, so there is also that issue to consider. Not saying that attempting to steamroll is what you’re doing or anything, but keeping it slow worked well for me.

1 Like

WW scaling felt pretty busted the other way for this weeks TW. I was generally pulling double the dps than the second place dps

1 Like

BC dungeons are filled with debuffs, including mortal blow. All tanks are resilient, but a 75% reduction in healing will kill you and your party if you pull too big.

1 Like

The stuns in mana tombs are hellish.
I’m desperately trying to tell the pug “No, please kill the one that gouges. I’m useless for 4 seconds”

EDIT: was it always true that the last boss in mana tombs pulls the whole room? I swear in oldschool BC you could ninja along the sides.

100% did my 5 as BRM @ about 195 ish ilevel and it was much more of a challenge to stay alive in some situations (looking at those couple champion packs before kargath). Nobody in my groups healers included seemed to agree with me that the scaling is wonky though.

You realize your ilevel is not relevant right?

You should be using azerite gear and heart of azeroth

hoa scales to TBC time walking ?

I tried it and azerite gear works + heart of azeroth + wrathion legendary cape, but legion legendaries do not.

Yes, and you get the essences

Mmm crucible, I’ve missed u so much. 40 yard instant cast pull.

Is not just monks I find my boomy doing way less damage and my feral does way more damage. My fury warrior also does insane damage while my hunter BM spec does more damage . I think is just the scale is off and certain specs works better in TW dungeon.