Does wow support 32:9?

Shopping / considering new monitor options . How is the support for 32:9 aspect ratio in world of Warcraft? That is if it supports it.

Thanks

Technically it supports whatever you throw at it - including 1:1 (there are some medical monitors which use this aspect ratio).

The question is whether the scaling is going to be something you consider suitable. I remember a while back that the object size for things like enemy name plates was scaling based on your horizontal resolution, which made them rather huge. This was back when super-wide resolutions were strictly the domain of (fairly uncommon) multiple monitor systems, though, and with 21:9 being far more accessible these days it’s likely they’ve made some adjustments that will probably also benefit 32:9.

Even if they haven’t there’s almost certainly commands you can run to make things more comfortable - not just for the UI, but for world elements like that as well.

I managed to get it running in 48:9 using Nvidia surround. Ran just fine, but my UI looked really weird.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I k ow there’s tricks and stuff to make most any resolution work on whatever your screen but I was hoping the game official supported it. There’s some games that just support 32:9 very well (sadly not many so far) and others that are more like “you figure it out” to the player.

I’ll probably go forward with my monitor purchase. But not until August or September.

The game does officially support it. I just had to use Nvidia surround to make the game think my 3 monitors were 1 (because it doesn’t support multi-monitor).

My UI looked strange because it was built for 4k 16:9, and running it in 1080p 48:9 had some stuff anchored to different things, and moved relative to each other. I could go back and fix it for 48:9, but since I like having other programs open on monitors 2 and 3, no reason for me to do so.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply and by the sounds of it I think I envy your setup. My desk just doesn’t have the space for triple displays. I think I’m going to a 39 or a 45 inch ultra wide. Both are 240 mhz which I like one is 800r the other 1000r . But either one and that’s my desk real estate gone. Lol

Neither does mine. The 3rd is sitting on an extension I built out of of a long piece of 1x12 and a short bit of 2x4.

It’s 2 24" 1080p 60hz side displays (mostly used for discord, web browser and/or presentmon) with a 27" central 4k 144hz main display.

1 Like