Does the "Soft Foam Sword" toy not work anymore?

3 Likes

I mean… you never know.

1 Like

There’s at least one quest where you have to weaken the enemy but not kill it, and the quest has a built in mechanic that causes fatal damage to only bring the target to 1 health. It would be nice if they all worked this way.

3 Likes

Hmm, I just jumped over to my Dracthyr to test on that specific quest (the weaken spider one), and seems to work. https://i.imgur.com/JSvyQi8.gif

The only other thing I can think of, is you’re within 20 levels of the enemy. If they’re less than 20 levels under you, it won’t work (unless it’s been updated). What level is the character you’re leveling? Are you in Chromie Time so they’re scaling up, or outside of Chromie Time?

1 Like

Getting buggy again… When has WOW ever been not buggy?

Maybe it’s some passive ability that’s kiling them specific to your class? Poison maybe? Can you undo talents?

Did you try it on another enemy, maybe try hitting something in a different zone too? There’re only certain enemies that the sword works on.

Your class uses a lot of dot’s, do you have anything in your spell book that deals damage automatically even if you do the basic hit? Try hitting a prop dummy, then see if you are dealing dmg without actually touching it…(rogues are so op in any xpack -_- lol)

Log onto another toon with same class rogue, spec, different class, spec, alliance, horde etc. and try hitting the same bad guy you currently can’t hit, then try hitting something else also.

If you can narrow down the possibilities, you can usually find an answer. If you tried all these, then it could be a bug.

Can confirm this doesn’t work.

I have heard it doesn’t work right on elites.

They really should fix this, as it’s essential for high levels who want to do old achievements.

3 Likes

lol …maybe try a different tree spec that you haven’t put any points towards…

Lol a gentle backhand …without a poisonous shiv or dots either T_T

What about the snowball with a rock in it ? that’s the only other thing I can think of.

2 Likes

Or roll a twink who does old achievements at level.

if you have the Whole Body Shrinka toy, that reduces damage you do by like 95%. I was able to not one-shot a level 24 mob in darkshore with it up for one of those “wound then use this item” quests.

2 Likes

I have heard that Shrinka is potentially dangerous for gnomes, since it can’t guarantee they are still alive…O.O

1 Like

You can take off your gear and intentionally take res sickness for a 75% cut to primary stat and do 75% less damage. Only lasts a minute these days, so you have to be fast.

1 Like

Tried it. Doesn’t work. On an unrelated matter, leather chairs are not always the best choice.

1 Like

What about that coin toy? Or is that just for pulling?

try low level engineering bombs.

I’m in regular time and I am not 20+ levels above the quests. So if you are above a certain level above the quests. its instakill if you touch them but the foam sword is only good if you are 20+ levels above. Seems kind of idiotic to make a sword to use for that purpose but it won’t work when you are at a level that needs it!

But hey, it’s what I have come to expect from Bliz.