Does the LFR work well for loot drops?

I’ve been playing WoW for a bit and mostly run solo through everything. I like collecting transmogs and mounts but in the past have only ran raids and dungeons solo where I one shot everything but get useless gear. I want to try M+ dungeons as well but have a hard time finding groups. Does using the LFR at lvl 60 give gear that can actually be used?

Yes, LFR will definitely give you gear you can use. You can also get out ZM where you can buy 226 gear for 500 anima each (which you would want to do if you want to get into mythics +2/+3).

I’m just getting into a lot of the stuff after the initial story quests that start off shadowlands. I didn’t know you could use anima to get the gear from ZM. I’m in the early stages of ZM, the chains of domination, and Night Fae campaigns though. My original idea was to use the anima to upgrade the sanctum and get good enough gear as I progress but maybe I should switch my strategy

More than one way to do it for sure. The fastest would be to just straight up buy the 226 stuff in ZM and then fly around and kill the rare bosses that spawn out there. From there LFR will be less appealing (but still good for cosmic flux farming and maybe getting tier pieces).

i think you’ll enjoy the game more with a steady guild doing normal or heroic instead, tbh. LFR is … violently different from raiding.

1 Like

Um… if you mean current gear for current end game content, LFR is generally trash now. Aside from a few nitch pieces that likely will never drop, your better off focusing on ZM or mythic dungeons even.

The time spent vs even the chance of getting something, which will be at a crap ilvl and never able to upgrade is just not worth it.

1 Like

This right here.
You can do full clears of LFR and get nothing for your efforts, that’s a whole lot of wasted time each week to come up empty.

I’ve gotten more out of low level M+ in one week than I have across all my toons that have run LFR, it’s just not worth the time anymore.

Worth running for the off chance you can get 4 set tier bonus faster as the bonus’ are worth substantially more then ilevel stats. Everything else is crap. I believe you also get cosmic flux from the bosses and mini bosses but I’m not sure. If so, you need that currency to ultimately get better tier so it would be worth it.