Does the Dark Shaman set still drop in SoO :Updated:

I’ve started farming SoO again trying to get the dark shaman set. I have two 120 shamans. I’m doing Normal, Heroic, and Mythic modes to better my chances. Six runs a week. But I’ve heard from some people it does drop and others it doesn’t. So I just wanna know if the Dark Shaman set does actually drop because if I do six SoO runs weekly for absolutely nothing I’m going to eat my totems.

Update: It was confirmed by Pepino it does drop in BFA still.

I’m sure wowhead knows

God I hope so, I’m farming it for my Blackrock shaman. I need it for his back story purposes QQ

Edit: to be helpful

Looks like the comments confirm it dropping in legion, and pepino confirmed it in bfa just now.

Dropped for me about a week ago after years of farming on two toons… just gotta be lucky :sob:

I legit nearly cried when I got it, so happy.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! There is still hope!

1 Like

Congrats. I am still casually attempting to get it as well.

1 Like

Seriously, I know people who get it on their first attempt and makes me feel like eating my own hat in frustration, so keep at it! Hopefully you both are more lucky then me.

2 Likes

I farm it from time to time in the hopes it will drop.

Did you get a notification like you do for the rest of the loot or does it just appear in your inventory?

I started farming it for my shamans but at two attempts I realized after how long it took me to get the tusks I have no tolerance for SoO anymore. :pouting_cat:

Yeah I did a lot of farming for those tusks. Still don’t have em and haven’t gotten to Garrosh in a while. After I kill the dark shaman on my shaman I just stop and do a different difficulty.

its soooo long a raid and there are so many RP events, side tracking and good chance of the mantid bugging out - UGH, lol.

It’s so random. Our guilds Shaman got it in a few weeks during progression, but I remember he was like “what?” when another guildies alt got it first try in a random pug.

It’s like killing for example world bosses in BFA, once you kill it a little thingy appears In the middle of your screen saying you received gold or loot?, same with the dark shaman set loot, click the chest in inventory and you got it.

I got the set on my first shaman run… You just have to be lucky.
Also you can buy the set on the black market, ive seen it 2 times this month on my server

I would assume it appears in inventory. I think it is a box with all the pieces? I probably SHOULD farm it, but Seige is such a slog to do.

Getting to the dark shaman isn’t that bad. Galakras is the only pain.

Does anyone know if it still drops in DF?