Does purge affect hpal or fw?

I’m trying to understand if fire breath purge has an effect vs hpal or fw, I know it’s good vs other healers and I run it by default

I don’t care about bop at all, I want to know if there are any passive buffs it gets consistent value vs

I also don’t understand how fw works. Are there different builds of fw, some of which that apply renewing mist or enveloping some way?

My vague impression is it’s important to purge enveloping

Fistweaver have talents that make EM instant and the season 3 tier set healing is amped by putting renewing mist on a target. Most of their healing comes from punching though. And yea purging EM is a good idea

The only meaningful thing you can purge into hpal is bop. Assuming you don’t have tip, sitting there fully channeling fire breath to get bop off is troll because by the time you get it off (if you do), that kill window is probably over.

I was gonna say they have a ton of purge protection from their tier set but I guess they have season 2 tier again now. So the answer is no, Paladin has zero things you can purge that aren’t BoP. They have zero purge protection (other than glimmer kekw) which has always been why BoP is troll in to purge comps.

Purging FW is also a litle troll because envelopes are instant for them and they really don’t have them very often (once a min with chi ji) and purging renewing mists is pretty meaningless as well as RSK reapplys them automatically.

You know we love the game playing itself for you. 2024 World of Warcraft where AI heals for you and you do’nt have to manage hots anymore because the game applies them for you. Just pick a target and attack. What a great player you are :slight_smile:

I feel playing purge fire breath is only meaningful in to:

• Druids (obviously)

• Shaman; getting riptides and earth shields purged off when you’re in trouble is actually so underratedly scary on shaman, as people that play rsham at a high level can explain. Well timed 4 point fire breaths in to Rsham can be devastating, especially if you hit multiple targets.

• Casted MW. Not as devastating but well timed Fire breaths here are also scary. Active renewing mists increase your mastery big time (which is almost always your #1 heal as casted) and envelope obviously is a really big heal that further increases throughput. Getting both ripped off at a bad time is sketch. Main issue here is you don’t know if the MW is casted or fist in the lobby. Probably never worth playing in to MW for this reason.

Additionally, much like shaman well timed fire breath purges in to other pres evokers can be a bit scary too but I don’t think it’s worth playing in to them. If you get 2 double reversions purged off when have pressure that can be scary but Pres is way less reliant on having reversions out to do meaningful healing than say like, Rsham is with riptide and earth shield, or MW with envelope / renewing

Almost every healer has some form of HoT that modifies their throughput pretty significantly, but some healers can recover better than others without that HoT active.

• Druids mastery obviusly. They need HoTs active to do meaningful healing
  • Shaman; Riptide increases NS / casted healing by 20% and earthshield increases healing by another 20%. Shaman can’t play the game if you’re spam purging them.
  • Pres; active double reversion is a 30% healing increase
  • Casted MW; active renewing mist doubles your gust of mist healing, and enveloping increases healing by 40% plus is a massive hot.
  • Holy Priest healing is increases by 6% with active renews. Not worth in to Hpriest.
  • Disc; healing is increased through by active atonements and damage reduction…but you can’t pruge atonement.
    -Hpal; Glimmer is incredibly meaningless to purge unless you’re a 14 head god that pre firebreaths in the half second before the paladin daybreaks for mana.

keeping em off actually really impacts fw

Nah, you don’t really gain value by purging anything from fw. Pres evoker damage is the annoying part

propaganda

2 Likes

Theres only 1 HoT to purge and it takes a global to put it back on. Really not doing much

right but that single global is important enough that you’re going to put it back on
fw can easily get into situations where it’s fumbling globals
the healing is noticeably worse without em

it might not be impactful if you’re relying on a cd klepto purge cause yea like you said 1 global ev 20 seconds doesnt matter

but could you play a game without eming once into something you don’t just auto hard counter cause ret/war and feel good?

100%, but it’s entirely situational

If you purge renewings at the right moment when you have pressure and FW is struggling to stay on target, it’s super meaningful. Bu

But renewing mist is valuable as a healing modifier because it doubles gust of mist value (mastery, really good for casted but a dead stat for FW) and to a smaller extent the cleave from instant vivifies (almost meaningless for FW). This isn’t even to mention that just pressing RSK reapplies renewing.

Unlike other healers where you need modifiers active to do meaningful healing (think riptide & ES, HoTs for mastery value from druid, renewing as casted MW), renewing being active isn’t really very important when ti comes to FWs ability to do meaningful healing.