Does no one actually do professions anymore?

Ive been trying to craft my leg bracers for like 3 days now and my server (and joined i suppose) seems to have zero tailors did the population of people who do professions just drop off a cliff or what?

1 Like

people are bored. they need new stuff for the new world. but they will be making the 34 slot bag in the new patch 10.0 for dragonflight. they learn new stuff they like getting rid of old ones.

1 Like

mages too need a new portal spell too for that new world also. i seen this happen.

2 Likes

Throughout BfA and Shadowlands most of my attempts to try and post anything I crafted have been a big waste of time. I’d post something, the auction house goblins quickly reposted to block my auction, regardless of how big a loss in gold it might have been, then the prices shot back up once I gave up.

I’d rather hit my hand with a hammer than day after day try to fight over some sales on the auction house.

4 Likes

I stopped using professions when Blizzard removed the profession buffs (E.G.: mining - increased stamina. Skinning - increased critical strike. Herbalism - healing spell. Etc.)

2 Likes

When I wanted to sell some special engineering mounts like the Geosynchronous Worldspinner (a rocket flying mount from MoP) or a Mekgineer’s Chopper, I’d find that the price on the AH dropped below the price of the materials, too! And I’d be forced to eat the loss, on top of that!

Here’s hoping Work Orders in DF fix that kind of issue!

2 Likes

I just gave up with crafting professions in WoD and went double gather. Dump all the mats on the AH and call it good. Though I do have an Alchemist I use to make my own flasks.

Crafting hasn’t been worth the time investment for a long time.

2 Likes

Yes…but only for craftable transmog collecting.

I HAVE used it to make some gear for new to Shadowlands toons since heirloom items end up going away. Or I havent upgraded them and didnt look to see that they can be used through Shadowlands? Either way its cheaper to just make the craftables that they grow in to and vendor them if they arent useful. Heirlooms arent worth much now beyond convenience imo.

If Inscription had the glyph system again I would certainly use that a lot but a lot of the professions need some TLC imo.

1 Like

Did you know less that 0.05% of the WoW player base can make Rank 7. (291) legendaries. Some armor slots it’s even lower, finding someone who can craft a slot especially on a low population server. Low pop servers maybe you got 10-20 people who can craft them.

If you throw a rock, you had a better chance of hitting a TOP tier RWF calibre player than a rank 7 crafter.

I think Area52 as large as it is has like 50 people controlling the crafting market. On a server like mine it’s 20 or so people doing all the crafting.

I’ve made about 1.1 M gold selling just 2 legendary patterns in SL. I don’t even try that hard.

1 Like

The bloody cost for leveling up the legendary bases broke my will to craft.

7 Likes

Actually: no.

none in the ah?

I sold over 10 leggendaries this weekend, crafting is still worth it.:birthday:

Also sold a bunch of 32 slot bags, but that’s hardly worth my time compared to hustling legendaries. I would have to sell 300 bags to get the same amount of profit as selling a single cloth legendary.

1 Like

You will likely find plenty who will make them after today’s patch. They just got way cheaper to level. Still expensive on a per item basis but should have more folks available to do the crafting

Professions are just useless. One of many many many things to die in Shadowlands. There’s a ton of ways they went about making them useless, but the main points is there’s nothing to craft. 2-3 relevant items, less so for some of the professions. those 2-3 items can’t be sold for much, and everytime you do try and sell, you’ll be undercut by 1000+ items, no matter the loss taken, unless you literally sell it for like 2-3 gold a piece. leveling them takes about 9 minutes and 3-4k gold, so everyone has everything, it’s oversaturated so nobody bothers. plus, there’s no “side” benefits anymore, such as stat bonuses, skills, or unique perks such as alchemists flask or elixer mastery. There’s just no secret to why. Everything is so simplified in this game now that there isn’t any point to any of it.

i don’t even use the fishing rod anymore from inventory. that is why the takeaway. i found a trick to make room for that. i do even better not to waste that space out.

I always keep up with my Alchemy but that’s just for my own personal use.
Got tired of pvping with the AH goblins a long time ago.

1 Like

For me, crafting was never really about making gold, it’s about saving gold and possibly trading my time for saving gold.

Professions haven’t been worth it for several expacs now. There’s no point crafting gear that’s replaced in an hour.

1 Like

They are good for transmog at this point depending on personal motivations.

Legion and BFA though…especially the Legion system.

I want to get all the professions to cap for the achievement but man you need rank 3. Most of what I have for Legion is rank 2 right now at 90/100 and it appears I either need to brute force it with thousands of mats to get to 100 or get rank 3. Most is grey but a few are green.

That leaves me with rank 3 for efficiency but its either a rep grind or its hoping rank 3 drops off of dungeons from Legion and neither is terribly fun in relation to my expectation of this being fast and easier than it actually is. Time consuming…whatever. I am bummed I need to get exalted with Dreamweaver for LW to get a pattern that will hopefully be yellow but l will get it done.

BFA seems a little more forgiving in that regard as its just quests for ranks except one drop and Im only doing LW right now, then the others. I did notice that recipes in the unlearned tab are possibly discovery so that could be a real bummer long term.

Hopefully Dragonflight will implement stuff thats going to make it all more worthwhile long term for the game.

1 Like