Does Hardcore Classic have more players than Wrath?

I was watching Payo the other day play HC Classic and he was saying how HC has more players than Wrath, apparently on NA Bloodsail Buccaneers is supposed to be on the level of Bene/Fare in terms of population.

Is this true?? Did HC Era really become that popular.

1 Like

No

5 Likes

Dang I was hoping it would be true, Wrath is boring for me and HC looks fun but I don’t wanna invest time in it if it’s just gonna die out a month from now lol

I’ve played HC on “Another Server” and while it is fun in a sense, it gets stale pretty quickly. The challenge isn’t so much a challenge of skill but a challenge of patience and you realize that pretty early on after you leave a starting zone. Every quest has to be calculated and slowly progressed through. After about 2 hours your senses start waning and you run the risk of making a mistake and losing all your progress. Even still, it gets really boring too and certain areas like the Barrens and Redridge Mountains are death zones that are more frustrating than fun.

The most fun you will have in HC is the importance of professions. First aid, cooking, gathering and crafted. You need to select and tactically use every one to stay alive. They become important tools in your kit as opposed to something nice to have around. The levelling process itself though is dull and can be accomplished with enough patience with relative ease.

Then there are dopamine chasers who group up for dungeon runs, this is probably the most high risk high reward thing you can do in HC but personally I don’t think it’s worth it unless the dungeon quests are green.

HC is dead asf

First off, no. Not even remotely close.
Secondly, keep it in mind, a lot of people are bored of Wrath, so they are just messing around leveling in Era.
Thirdly, Hardcore challenge is a single-player game mode. There is no difference in between being alone on the server vs 200 people.
Fourthly, the only “legit” metric we have are based off of ranked pvp & pve logs.

https://ironforge.pro/population/classic/
Gehennas EU at over 30k (Wrath)
Benediction US at over 27k (Wrath)
Pagle US (my realm) at over 17k (Wrath)
Bloodsail Era at sub 2k.

The entire Classic Era population PER LOGS/PVP is at under 6k.
Wrath population is at over 400,000
https://www.warcrafttavern.com/population/classic/

edit: minor edits
PS. I’d bet my left nut, that with Cataclysm release, Cata Classic numbers will be roughly the same ( a little lower) and Era/SoM a little higher. But we are talking maybe 50,000 drop off from Cata and like 5-6k increase in SoM. That implies no Wrath Era. Though it’d be equally dead imho. A lot of people (as they claim) are straight up leaving after WoW despite anything. My entire guild, with x3 25m teams are all staying with an exception of a few players that are quitting for good.

1 Like

what is that ? your pet dog?

You would be short a nut.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.