Does gear matter in PVP? How so?

I will admit there hasn’t been that many this patch which I am kinda glad but some still do exist. I think its mostly due to the fact all the high mythic people qing for blood of the enemy

i do want gear to matter, i just want the gearing process to be better. right now you might get a random piece for winning or losing, or you might get nothing. its pretty obvious they are going after the time played metric here, and that is annoying for someone who just wants to queue some bgs

i’ll mention wod again beacse i think thats the best pvp gearing system wow ever had. you mentioned the gap from entry to geared being too large and maybe it was, but it was not worse than what we have now either. fresh 120s are straight up worthless right now.

i saw someone with 78k in a BG? i didnt follow them around, but i dont see how they could have fared well vs a 300k player

1 Like

My opener alone melts most people. Feels good but at the same time, I’d like it to be a bit closer.

1 Like

Yea, I think they should put a min ilvl on BGs. It doesn’t take long to get gear. LFR has a min ilvl, why shouldn’t BGs?

1 Like

It was, still though the catch up mechanisms were amazing. Honestly wod gearing + better scaling would be amazing.

So now you’re advocating for separate ques? But not for exp on/off? You really are all over the place :joy:

There should not be a min ilvl required for random bgs. That’s supposed to be the way for pvpers to begin gearing (you know PvP gear through PvP). They could up the scaling or make better catch up mechanics for pvpers. Right now the only good catch up mechanics exist in pve. That’s a problem.

No. I’m advocating for a simple min ilvl. 300 would suffice

and pvp since gear drops are a thing

Lol that’s the litteraly definition of separation :joy::joy:

I’ve spent a grand total of 4 hours in nazjatar probably… I have a whole set of 385 that my alt has just waiting for him. Then he can upgrade that gear super easily via afk wqs pearls.

How long would it take you to get a whole set of 385 through scaling RNG battlegrounds? I guarantee you a lot longer than 4 hours. Proabably more along the lines of half a season.

They don’t even compare as catch up mechanics. I still don’t know how you don’t see how blatantly terrible PvP gearing is this expansion. It is actually mind blowingly bad. I’d get it if it was maybe just slightly worse but pve is on a whole different level :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s not the definition of separation if they can’t queue like they have set for LFR and heroic dungeons. As for the full set of 385 gear from nazjatar, let’s just pretend that’s Ashran. Full 385 gear is plenty for random Bgs.

This makes zero sense :expressionless: ashran still took longer and you never had to do it. I did it once a month for a change up lol. Regardless it still took longer than nazjatar does. Probably more effort too.

That it is. Now let’s give a PvP way to get these things that fast and make them upgradeable through PvP as well. Like was suggested in the other thread about benthic gear in PvP.

It is though :roll_eyes: you’re separating them out with zero PvP way to get into it. Pvers have pve ways to get past those thresholds.

Please don’t give blizzard anymore bad ideas to try and force us to do more pve than they already are.

Didn’t have to, no, but made gearing up even quicker.

Maybe they will, but more than likely, they probably just want people in the new zones for now.

300 ilvl does not take long to get to.

what if players below it were scaled up to a 300? it would help solve the gear gap issue without excluding anyone.

2 Likes

That could work too.

You did if you wanted to get geared faster.

1 Like

Plus the extra 200 CP on top of it. They really wanted people in Ashran, like they want people in the new zones now. It’s almost like content they put work into, they try to persuade as many people to experience it. I actually loved the two new zones, though Nazjatar’s terrain did annoy me at times.

Meh never did it and geared up as fast as any of my friends that did. Seriously didn’t care for ashran, for or against, it was just something that was there. I think it was more of the lazy way to gear fast.

Simply did bgs, rbgs and arenas. Had more toons that were 100% competitive than I’ve had the last two expansions together.

But strictly doing only BGs was a lot slower to gear, like it is now. BGs have always been the slowest way to gear up, and it was 200 CP less each week.

No, you did not. Because it’s literally not possible unless your friends also didn’t do Ashran.
Ashran gave you extra Conquest which could not be gained from normal activities like arenas. You also got a piece of Conquest gear from the weekly or whatever it was.
I wasn’t a big fan of Ashran, but I’m not gonna sit here and lie and say that it didn’t give you an early advantage over anyone who didn’t do it.

We were talking about catch up. With the wod catch up you could get conquest just as fast by doing other forms of content (it was all about the cap being bigger so you didn’t miss out on all those weeks. Unlike now where you don’t get missed weeks of chests). Seriously my alts would be near max just as fast by doing other PvP content.

Ashran only gave an advantage at the very beginning and even then I didn’t do it because it wasn’t that big of an advantage.

Well, you didn’t open chests then anyway. That’s extra gear now

And yet, you hit the same rating then as you do now.

No instead you could catch up easily and be 100% competitive.

Now if I miss weeks of 2.1k rated gear I’m stuck with participation conquest item catch up? It’s really motivating for people to come back and play PvP :roll_eyes: