Does gear matter in PVP? How so?

Sounds like casual heaven and this is more effort = more reward.

It’s 4 hours of demotivating pve AFK wqs. To the point I log on now and log off because it’s that mind numbing.

2 Likes

Sounds like you are just bored of the game. Happens to everyone at some point.

/sigh I can’t believe I went down the rabbit hole with you again. You just ignore all previous points every time you make a point.

It’s not more work overall. It’s more pve work now which is the issue. Anyways. Gearing sucks this expansion. Everyone but you seems to think so.

Also no we shouldn’t separate ques.

2 Likes

Never said separate. Adding a min ilvl or like Inemia said, scale up to 300.

Basically we are back to the old system where better gear means you have an advantage. And the advantage can be staggering.

For example, I have ilvl 401 and just fought against a DK in a random BG who had ilvl 425. I had 207,000 health, he had 302,000 health. I managed to remove 23% of his health before he killed me. We fought about 8 times, and that was the best result. As a moonkin, I had 2nd highest damage done in the BG at 1.9 million, and he had the highest at 6 million. The match was SSM.

If that doesn’t give you perspective on how important gear is, nothing will. I don’t care what everyone is spouting about scaling and whatnot; basically raid, or die. That seems to be Blizzards philosophy to being competitive in PvP.

Nothing you gain from random play will come even near open world PvE event gear.

3 Likes

I think that’s just DKs tbh. They seem pretty powerful. Also I am at 406 ilvl and have 280k hp, can get over 300

More then fair, but if I fight a DK at ilvl ~400-405 its a totally fair fight. The gear makes the gap not just wider, but beyond impassible.

idk man, we GY farmed a premade of mythic raiders in a ctf map last night. Maybe that 1 DK was just good

I have doubt he was good, but like I said, its an impossible situation where no matter what spells I used, or actions I would take, there was no surviving the shear amount of damage he was putting out. Think about the numbers I posted, he was putting out 3x the damage I was the entire match, and that’s with me rolling full dots on everyone and then focus firing prime targets. To survive his damage, I would need 3x the healing as my own dps.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this tbh. The people with that high gear still seem to flop as easy as 400 ilvl players.

Gear definitely matters more than skill. Your experience was no fluke. Just look at arenas where if you don’t have specific trinkets/essences you’re at an obvious disadvantage. It doesn’t matter how easy to get they are, the point is gear matters more than skill.

The real question is…is this what the majority of pvp players really want(ed)?

In BGs? Negative

To put it simply, YES gear matters. Gear matters because stats matter. They say there is some form of scaling in a pvp setting but I have yet to see anything that resembles scaling that could be considered a benefit to the game.

Ask the twink and anti twink communities if gear matters in a pvp setting.

None of this, I see 5 and he see’s 10 nonsense. More stats means more advantage over someone with lesser stats. Making gear a huge contribution in pvp.

TLDR: Gear Matters, if you aren’t ready, interested or if you lack the time to farm, prepare to be fodder and free honor.

Team work beats gear in most bgs but skill<gear overall.

Team work>class imbalance>gear>skill , I would say.

a minimum ilevel would not help me any. 300 is too low for one thing, and keeping people out doesn’t exactly fix the gearing issue

300 players would get wreaked in a bg now, maybe its better for warlocks? you need like 380 to be even remotely relevant on melee. i would like to see anyone queue up alone on a 300 rogue and post the results.

Your best bet in a team fight would be to sit in stealth waiting for when they all get distracted with fighting then garrote their healer, use the add-on battle ground enemies to see who everyone is focused on, toss out a kidney on them, blind the healer, vanish and then sap the healer if you can from them sitting out of combat for long enough.

If they’re not out of combat just garrote again and kidney should be coming up soon.

Also try and ninja cap bases with sap and blind. If it’s an FC map, just focus on slowing the FC down and providing kidney when people catch up.

Rogues are amazing at being opportunistic and also creating opportunities for their team. For FC maps take smoke bomb and that’s even more opportunity making.

If you are a caster, maybe. If you are melee you are probably going to have a very bad experience.

2 Likes

Depends which melee.

Not sure if this was asked/talked about, but what gear are you talking about?

The PvE Gear that has nerfs in PvP but still as an advantage over much of the PvP gear, or are you talking about the PvP gear that You get from the PvP drops, that never seems to be quite good enough to PvE in?

:grin: