Does customer service do anything anymore?

There is a bug where if you try to open one of the treasure sands in the vault when your bag is full then you don’t get the loot and also use up the spacial opener.

The current work around is to buy a new one with cyphers which you can get via:

• Daily quests that give 20-30 each. There are 3 quests a day.
  • Bosses
  • Chests
  • Puzzles

Putting in a ticket is a waste of time. GMs are not allowed to hand out Spacial openers, no matter why you lost one. Players are to use the purchase system to get another. If this gets fixed it will be done in a patch that resolves the bug so that it no longer happens.

My bag was not full, and that is still bad customer service.

Why?

This is the problem. Compassion has been lost. Customer service is now a cold, calculated machine of rules and regulations rather than interested in actually helping us solve our problems.

They might not have been literally outsourced but they have been mentally, emotionally, and spiritually outsourced to drones who may have never once logged into the game themselves.

2 Likes

That’s literally the point of spatial openers. They open the piles of sand.

Being told “no”, is not bad customer service. What we have right here is a miss match between what you want and what they are allowed to do.

GMs don’t just replace anything and everything we mess up or that gets bugged. Doing so on an individual ticket basis is very very time consuming for the players and for the GMs.

Instead they gave players a way to replace their own Spacial opener far far faster than a GM could take care of it for you.

The bug itself will get fixed whenever the Devs fix it.

See above. Players were given a means to fix it themselves in a far far faster way.

1 Like

It is when the cause of the problem is the company in question.

If they are not allowed to fix mistakes they caused then that is bad customer service.

The time it takes them to correct their mistakes is not my concern. Perhaps they should manage the company more efficiently to be able to solve those problems in a more timely manner.

Correction, they cost users time and resources vs their own for a problem they caused which is bad customer service.

Until then, the customer can go pound sand eh?

You misread what I said.

I said you could spend hours and get enough cyphers for a bunch of openers…not just 1. Chests are literally everywhere and respawn quickly. Even 1 hour is still more time than it’ll likely take to get 200 if you actually tried and I don’t ever remember a ticket I’ve made ever being answered in under an hour (it’s possible though).

And again, it bears worth repeating, my solution will 100% work and is in YOUR hands. Your way is putting the power in their hands…not only when they get to you but “if” they even agreed with you and “if” they were able or felt it was warranted to give you a replacement item.

I’m not a big fan of “ifs” when I’m looking to solve a problem and there is very much power in having the means and capabilities to solve your own problems vs waiting to be helped/saved.

I get what you said, but. I have been flying around for the past hour and have 90 on top of that my cypher table isnt done, 200 goes a long way to the next level of it.

I also know its going to be 24 hours before I get a canned response of “Sorry, not sorry”. Which is the whole point of customer servicing lacking.

You should wait until it’s done to open the sand piles anyways, that way the gear you get from them is at the highest possible ilvl.

1 Like

Probably, but that gear is going to be useless in a few weeks anyway replaced by mythic+ gear.

No, you can either go without, or farm cyphers and replace it yourself. You have a solution. You just don’t want to use it.

Waiting hours on a ticket, knowing they won’t replace it for you, is a waste of YOUR time.

Very much THIS!

Your 3 daily quests give you around 80-90 cyphers. They take on average 20 mins to do all 3. You could be done by now.

“Were sorry you tried to use your debit card for your purchase, it was declined but the money was removed from your account. The work around is to go collect pop bottles from parking lots until you get the money back”.

Waiting hours on a ticket is bad customer service by itself.

For something I shouldnt not have had to do at all.

You did not lose any money. You did not make a purchase of a Spacial Opener. Your comparison is not apt.

I don’t really disagree with that. Long waits are no fun for anyone. It is the reality of having a team that takes tickets for every game and service Blizzard has. You have to wait in line. Lines are worst around game or major patch releases. Right now they should not be TOO bad. Faster would be better though. This is one of the reasons we have so many self help tools now - so that we can fix things without depending on anyone else.

You are right, the bug should not have happened. However, your choices are to either buy a new one, or not. Up to you.

You could be done this already if you wanted to.

“What happened to you?”
“Ohh man, crazy crazy story, so I was out for a walk and this meteor hit me out of nowhere, wild right?!”

glares “did you NEED to walk? Did the planet REALLY NEED to be at that point in its rotation? Why wernt you watching for meteors?! Huh?! Why didn’t you just choose to live in a bunker 300 miles under ground and evolve to be a microscopic organism that didn’t need to walk?! HUH WHY DIDNT YOU ITS YOUR OWN FAULT”.

really love people who invent elaborate and ridiculous nonsense to justify how a random glitch is somehow on the player.

This is why companies have terrible systems, terrible uis, and terrible customer service. Because they know a bunch of blind siphophants will defend them endlessly and someone else will just pick up the slack for free and try and do the work to get it done.

No, I spent time to earn it in a game I pay to play. I created in-game value with my time which was lost due to their mistake, not my mistake.

They could have a policy of deleting my toon if i put in a ticket, that doesnt make it right or good customer service.

I feel like you’re trying to defend customer service as people, when in actuality customer service encompasses the rules, regulations and policies set by the organization. And the current way they are implemented are bad policies. I also know they have rules they have to follow, I know they are not going to give me the item back. I’m sure if it was within the rules set by the company, those GMs who responded would have just given the item back as well. But bad is bad no matter whose fault it is.

1 Like

Your forums experience is 1000% better if you put green text and orange text straight to forum ignore. #protip

And they also prove my point about walking into a super market and seeing the counter labeled guest services manned by customers.

The forums are great for communicating with your fellow players, and directing activities and advertising RP, but not so great at getting problems solved.

Live chat or https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS twitter will be your best bet to talking to an employee.

2 Likes

This is why i get so upset at white knights. The problem is they think they are helping by defending everything when in reality they are causing so much more damage than a handful of angry people ever could.

2 Likes

What? How did I say any of that?

What would more accurate is dude standing at the pearly gates and St Peter asking what he’s doing here and dude going “a train hit me and I died…it was moving pretty slowly and blaring their horn at me and I could have jumped to the side but nope it just kept coming at me until it hit me”

I’m not knocking the dude for having/getting a bug but rather his mindset and course of action in dealing with it. He can wait for the bug to be fixed, but that wont help him. He can hope Blizzard will answer his ticket and give him a new item, but that won’t happen…it sucks it happened, but you deal with it. You want to finish the achievement, go get 200 more cyphers and be done with it.

Ok, a train comparison.

Op is out for a jog, life is good, music on, he’s doing his thing on the sidewalk where he’s supposed to be…

All of a sudden a train falls out of the sky and crushes him.

He gets to the pearly gates and he says “wtf? I’m not supposed to be here, why am I here? This isn’t right!”

And some random out in left field starts shrieking “WeLl YoU ShOuLd JuSt Accept It! ItS ProBabLy yoUr FaUlt FoR NoT WaTcHinG fOr FaLliNg SkY TrAiNs.”

Meanwhile the gates are closed and nobody in charge is answering or cares.

That’s a more realistic analogy, but we are getting pretty far odd course here.

I know how to fix it, it is in my OP. My complaint is i should not have to.

1 Like