Does customer service do anything anymore?

Or do they just tell you to put in a bug report? I remember back in Vanilla Rag bugged out, the GM respawned him like 10 times to try and get him to work and when he couldnt he killed him and mailed us the loot.

Recently, I opened a pile of sand in ZM and lost a spatial opener. No big deal right, its a cheap item you can just buy another one for 200 cyphers. Why not just replace it, its a known bug, its easy to research, it doesnt really matter so why not? Nope, I get a canned response. If youre just going to send canned responses for everything, then why even pretend you have a CS department.

7 Likes

CS doesn’t fix bugs, QA and the Devs do.

2 Likes

I dont care about the bug. I want to be made whole.

Nope, because of current devs and company policy CS are no longer allowed to help with most things in game including bugged quests, items, lost items and so forth.

QA is the department that handles bug reports, documentation, replication, etc. Devs are the ones who fix things.

Blizzard does not allow GMs to intervene in almost all cases. In some rares case GMs are given specific instructions for work around/fixes, but again, those are rare.

This has been the case for a VERY long time. There is a work around for now, as you said. You can buy a new one. Any actual fix will have to wait for the Devs to implement it.

You can read more about what GMs can, and can’t do, here

Hopefully that helps clarify what you can expect them to do given the scope of their tasking.

5 Likes

GMs are helpful sometimes, they’ve unstuck some of my characters that are stuck in a loop or when the Satyr boss at the end of the Timbermaw reputation was doing 3k per tick with his aura the GM just auto completed it for me since it was impossible to complete at level.

It is however more difficult to get in touch with a GM now and it’s become mostly automated.

CS is really odd especially on these forums because it is the equivalent of walking into a Safeway and having customers manning the customer service desk, like, I’m not here to talk to you, I’m here to talk to an employee, thank you.

Use their live chat or phone numbers if you need customer service, do not use the forums.

1 Like

And pray tell how are you not “whole” currently?

The CS forum is mainly intended as a player-to-player forum.

But, with a forum titled “Customer Support”, it’s no wonder people expect a Blizz response to every question or thread.

That concern has been aired numerous times, and I think even they know about it, but it sounds like there’s a bunch of red tape in the way that’s preventing a name that better reflects the forum.

So, where is this “QA” for me to find. I assume it means “Questions and Answers”?

Which is a shame. I miss the old MMO GMs who knew and loved the game and would try their hardest to help players. Bobby Kotick’s “take the fun out of managing the game” approach and outsourcing customer support to those who will “do the needful” definitely hurt the idea that this was a shared experience. Instead, WoW is more and more simply a product/service you consume.

2 Likes

I am missing a spatial opener which I had previously and now have to farm 200 cyphers to purchase another one.

1 Like

WoWs customer service is a joke. Used to not be like that.

3 Likes

Yeah…by the time the rep even looked at your ticket, you could easily farm those cyphers multiple times over…that is even assuming they have the tools/time to accurately verify you lost the item through a game bug and not through something you did wrong on your end.

Quality Assurance. You find them via the Bug Report forums or the in-game bug report menu when you submit a bug report.

They do not correspond with individuals and do not fix your individual issues. Most bugs are fixed when the Devs release a hotfix or patch that fixes it for everyone.

This is an intentional slur against people who speak Indian languages. Further, it is false information about Blizzard Support. Blizzard has not outsourced CS.

Blizzard support is all in-house. For the US, most of it is at the Austin, TX office with a portion still being at the Irvine, CA office.

3 Likes

Thank you.

At 3-6 cyphers per boss/chest you have to kill, or open 33-66 bosses chests. Extra work due to a bug is not my idea of fun.

As for being able to figure it out there are 7 treasure chests which contain spatial openers, they can see the achievement that I have opened 6. They can see the achievement that i have opened 5 sands(the ones that worked) and they can see i dont have a spatial opener in my inventory and I have not thrown one away. They also know its a bug.

So? Chests are everywhere and respawn constantly. You can make loops around ZM for a few hours and gets tons of openers.

I’m not fighting you on if there is a bug or not since I don’t know. I’ll take your word that there is. I’m saying though that given how long it takes to get a ticket answered, you can already get the cyphers acquired much faster. This is also a guaranteed solution vs hoping the GM agrees with your assessment and does what you’re hoping and expecting.

That is because you misunderstand the purpose of the Customer Support forum. It is an Information Desk to help you figure out how to use the Support system, clarify policies, and answer general account type questions. ALL the forums, are for player to player intereactions. The CS forum and TS forum also have Forum Support Agents during work hours most days.

The CS and TS forums are NOT a means to ticket or reach GMs. That is why you feel they are “odd”, because you don’t realize what they are set up for. I don’t blame you. It honestly is not well explained.

There is no phone number to call and has not been for almost 15 years. Phone was for Account access and billing issues but people clogged it up with all manner of other things - IF you could get in queue, you often waited on hold for 2 hours. On a Cell phone - because the shift to those was going on at the time.

These days you can file a request for Live Chat or Phone Callback IF you have an Account Access issue, Billing issue, and for some Tech Support issues. It is not a means to reach a game GM for game support nor is it a way to submit a bug, appeal an account action, etc.

You may also want to read about the Support system.

If im not mistaken openers only come from specific chests which can only be opened once. The bug was confirmed in the ticket.

A few hours is a long time to try and make up for their bug. I also dont really care about the loot or the achievement but it’s a principle thing to me.