Does customer service do anything anymore?

Yeah…by the time the rep even looked at your ticket, you could easily farm those cyphers multiple times over…that is even assuming they have the tools/time to accurately verify you lost the item through a game bug and not through something you did wrong on your end.

Quality Assurance. You find them via the Bug Report forums or the in-game bug report menu when you submit a bug report.

They do not correspond with individuals and do not fix your individual issues. Most bugs are fixed when the Devs release a hotfix or patch that fixes it for everyone.

This is an intentional slur against people who speak Indian languages. Further, it is false information about Blizzard Support. Blizzard has not outsourced CS.

Blizzard support is all in-house. For the US, most of it is at the Austin, TX office with a portion still being at the Irvine, CA office.

3 Likes

Thank you.

At 3-6 cyphers per boss/chest you have to kill, or open 33-66 bosses chests. Extra work due to a bug is not my idea of fun.

As for being able to figure it out there are 7 treasure chests which contain spatial openers, they can see the achievement that I have opened 6. They can see the achievement that i have opened 5 sands(the ones that worked) and they can see i dont have a spatial opener in my inventory and I have not thrown one away. They also know its a bug.

So? Chests are everywhere and respawn constantly. You can make loops around ZM for a few hours and gets tons of openers.

I’m not fighting you on if there is a bug or not since I don’t know. I’ll take your word that there is. I’m saying though that given how long it takes to get a ticket answered, you can already get the cyphers acquired much faster. This is also a guaranteed solution vs hoping the GM agrees with your assessment and does what you’re hoping and expecting.

That is because you misunderstand the purpose of the Customer Support forum. It is an Information Desk to help you figure out how to use the Support system, clarify policies, and answer general account type questions. ALL the forums, are for player to player intereactions. The CS forum and TS forum also have Forum Support Agents during work hours most days.

The CS and TS forums are NOT a means to ticket or reach GMs. That is why you feel they are “odd”, because you don’t realize what they are set up for. I don’t blame you. It honestly is not well explained.

There is no phone number to call and has not been for almost 15 years. Phone was for Account access and billing issues but people clogged it up with all manner of other things - IF you could get in queue, you often waited on hold for 2 hours. On a Cell phone - because the shift to those was going on at the time.

These days you can file a request for Live Chat or Phone Callback IF you have an Account Access issue, Billing issue, and for some Tech Support issues. It is not a means to reach a game GM for game support nor is it a way to submit a bug, appeal an account action, etc.

You may also want to read about the Support system.

If im not mistaken openers only come from specific chests which can only be opened once. The bug was confirmed in the ticket.

A few hours is a long time to try and make up for their bug. I also dont really care about the loot or the achievement but it’s a principle thing to me.

There is a bug where if you try to open one of the treasure sands in the vault when your bag is full then you don’t get the loot and also use up the spacial opener.

The current work around is to buy a new one with cyphers which you can get via:

• Daily quests that give 20-30 each. There are 3 quests a day.
  • Bosses
  • Chests
  • Puzzles

Putting in a ticket is a waste of time. GMs are not allowed to hand out Spacial openers, no matter why you lost one. Players are to use the purchase system to get another. If this gets fixed it will be done in a patch that resolves the bug so that it no longer happens.

My bag was not full, and that is still bad customer service.

Why?

This is the problem. Compassion has been lost. Customer service is now a cold, calculated machine of rules and regulations rather than interested in actually helping us solve our problems.

They might not have been literally outsourced but they have been mentally, emotionally, and spiritually outsourced to drones who may have never once logged into the game themselves.

2 Likes

That’s literally the point of spatial openers. They open the piles of sand.

Being told “no”, is not bad customer service. What we have right here is a miss match between what you want and what they are allowed to do.

GMs don’t just replace anything and everything we mess up or that gets bugged. Doing so on an individual ticket basis is very very time consuming for the players and for the GMs.

Instead they gave players a way to replace their own Spacial opener far far faster than a GM could take care of it for you.

The bug itself will get fixed whenever the Devs fix it.

See above. Players were given a means to fix it themselves in a far far faster way.

1 Like

It is when the cause of the problem is the company in question.

If they are not allowed to fix mistakes they caused then that is bad customer service.

The time it takes them to correct their mistakes is not my concern. Perhaps they should manage the company more efficiently to be able to solve those problems in a more timely manner.

Correction, they cost users time and resources vs their own for a problem they caused which is bad customer service.

Until then, the customer can go pound sand eh?

You misread what I said.

I said you could spend hours and get enough cyphers for a bunch of openers…not just 1. Chests are literally everywhere and respawn quickly. Even 1 hour is still more time than it’ll likely take to get 200 if you actually tried and I don’t ever remember a ticket I’ve made ever being answered in under an hour (it’s possible though).

And again, it bears worth repeating, my solution will 100% work and is in YOUR hands. Your way is putting the power in their hands…not only when they get to you but “if” they even agreed with you and “if” they were able or felt it was warranted to give you a replacement item.

I’m not a big fan of “ifs” when I’m looking to solve a problem and there is very much power in having the means and capabilities to solve your own problems vs waiting to be helped/saved.

I get what you said, but. I have been flying around for the past hour and have 90 on top of that my cypher table isnt done, 200 goes a long way to the next level of it.

I also know its going to be 24 hours before I get a canned response of “Sorry, not sorry”. Which is the whole point of customer servicing lacking.

You should wait until it’s done to open the sand piles anyways, that way the gear you get from them is at the highest possible ilvl.

1 Like

Probably, but that gear is going to be useless in a few weeks anyway replaced by mythic+ gear.

No, you can either go without, or farm cyphers and replace it yourself. You have a solution. You just don’t want to use it.

Waiting hours on a ticket, knowing they won’t replace it for you, is a waste of YOUR time.

Very much THIS!

Your 3 daily quests give you around 80-90 cyphers. They take on average 20 mins to do all 3. You could be done by now.

“Were sorry you tried to use your debit card for your purchase, it was declined but the money was removed from your account. The work around is to go collect pop bottles from parking lots until you get the money back”.

Waiting hours on a ticket is bad customer service by itself.

For something I shouldnt not have had to do at all.

You did not lose any money. You did not make a purchase of a Spacial Opener. Your comparison is not apt.

I don’t really disagree with that. Long waits are no fun for anyone. It is the reality of having a team that takes tickets for every game and service Blizzard has. You have to wait in line. Lines are worst around game or major patch releases. Right now they should not be TOO bad. Faster would be better though. This is one of the reasons we have so many self help tools now - so that we can fix things without depending on anyone else.

You are right, the bug should not have happened. However, your choices are to either buy a new one, or not. Up to you.

You could be done this already if you wanted to.