Does China play the exact same game?

Foreign companies aren’t allowed to sell to China under the CCP’s law, so everything over there is done by NetEase.

1 Like

First, it’s not a LAW that nobody is ALLOWED to show bones. Blizzard made the changes voluntarily in an attempt to show cultural sensitivity. (I’m not Chinese, so I can’t speak to whether that was reasonable or how successful it was, but that’s the intent.)

Second, not everything is about being “afraid”. The idea here was that the depiction of bones might be offensive to a culture that revered/reveres ancestors and the dead. Again, I can’t speak to how reasonable that was or whether anybody in China actually cares, but that was the idea.

Doesn’t the dahli llama need permission from the government to reincarnate or something?

Aww! i was hoping they turn the entire Maldraxxus into bread! :frowning_face:

World of Breadcraft, Shadow-Lavash. Make it happen Blizzard! The Bread must flow! :angry: :bread:

Ok, so the general consensus is that it is the exact same game from a “how it plays” perspective, just different visually in a few small areas, right? Like they dont have different instances or loot or timers for M+ or anything like that, right? Every change is purely cosmetic.

This actually looks really cool

I might be totally off here but I feel like the given reason and actual reasons might differ here. Time travel stories are a good way to get people to imagine how the world might’ve been if X event didn’t occur, Y person didn’t come into power, Z regime didn’t take over, etc. Too close to encouraging the masses to imagine a different china for government comfort.

According to World War Z (the fantastic book, not the garbage film) that’s where patient zero appears.

I’m assuming there’s just no dialogue or audio for those sections. Chinese government hates gays, the government is China is garbage.

1 year later…

Why did this show up right away for me, lmfao

this is a good topic given everything going on but yet Blizz and many others turns the eye. so its ok for china to do the things they do.

You have no idea how similar topics within the families causes friction because of the different generational and wordviewish point of views. Living outside China doesn’t make you a full-fletched Asian as well…

China turned WoW cash shop game overrun with bots but I learned they did get Shadowlands only the LGBTQ content is just gone.