Does Blizzard usually let this stuff slide?

Alrighty so
I have been subscribed to this game for years. I somehow have never gotten bored of it. This is a game I intended to play until the game is no more. I have reached a situation though that will cause me to unsubscribe. In my server , I have the cap limit of characters, so I don’t want to spend nor can I afford to move all my characters to a new server over this. There is a 40 year old man who has been harassing me and tons of females since literally over a year ago. He has been mass reported multiple times, but has yet to have been banned. Is blizzard protecting him? The man claims blizzard has his side every-time so I guess so. I have blocked this mans characters but he keeps making new Alts to harass the females on his list. He doesn’t actually play the game ever, he sits and literally just harasses women. The list of lovely topics he enjoys discussing includes: Women’s purpose is to carry the seed of man and are useless if they are infertile, talking about how 16 is the age of consent despite how he is 40, and getting his friends to make characters with my First And Last name as the usernames to harass me for at least an hour after doxxing me. He seems to stalk both girls on WoW for extended periods of time ( literal years ) Usually , I would just ignore the alts and be on my way. The dude somehow found a way to get my literal parents address though. I have moved out and am not there to protect them and he just /says my address that he doxxed. He has an absolute obsession with finding where I work and I’m halfway convinced he tries to call places to get in contact with my employers. It’s one thing if the guy is doing some petty cruel comments towards me regarding my gender , but leaking my Family’s address is absolutely ridiculous and I never gave him my address or the right to spread it. I have gotten in contact with multiple moderators. Some have been reasonable and understanding, others just tell me to block him. The issue is me blocking him , doesn’t stop him from literally telling gobs of random people on the internet my parents address. The fact that this man has been allowed to harass me and tons of women for over a YEAR now with practically no consequences is disgusting to me. Are there any legal steps I can take in the case of blizzard failing me yet again?

3 Likes

WTB paragraphs

13 Likes

You have received paragraphs indeed

You should probably start contacting the police since you have a stalker case.

17 Likes

you would have to talk to a lawyer about that.

if things have actually happened as you describe, I would recommend doing so.

and this. do this.

7 Likes

Are they able to legally do something about a man who is possibly not in my country ?

Uhh, how does he know this information to begin with?

Ignore and report in game for ongoing harassment, and never respond, otherwise it’s viewed as two way communication.

If he knows your real life information and you’re worried for your safety, or your family’s safety, report him to your local police department. They can, and will, get all relevant supporting information from Blizzard if there’s a risk.

9 Likes

I have no idea. My name isn’t a big deal , it’s probably slipped once or twice. As for my address , not an absolute clue.

I’m very sorry you’re dealing with this OP. As stated above do not respond to any of his communications. Send in reports with lots of screenshots so you have documentation of what’s been happening.

4 Likes

I didn’t read the OP but I’ll take a guess.

Yes, they do usually let whatever that is slide.

2 Likes

I sent in photo evidence and have over 300 screenshots. Blizzard said I need to catch him on live but any time I try to go live when it happens blizzard says it’s down.

They won’t accept screenshots. When you right click report, it sends a time stamp of the offending chat with all relevant info to Blizzard automatically. Unless you mean screenshots for personal evidence, then yes, by all means.

2 Likes

By screenshots I just mean taking a picture of the chat when he is leaking the information or spamming my characters with letters from alts with harassing details

This is disgusting. How is this man still allowed to do this?

2 Likes

Assuming you’re not talking to this person this is…really bizarre that Blizz isn’t doing anything.

I’m just now seeing you’re on MG and that explains it lol. That server is rife with creepy people.

It’s sad that a 40 year old man has to harass online. About the situation, I don’t know what to do, maybe try writing a ticket or something at least.

Also you could call the police and make a stalker report. Idk if it would work but they can probably try to find out where he’s at and such.

I don’t understand what this means.

I know one 16 year old he harassed to go to the police but I think she got nervous after contacting authorities. I helped send the cop we were talking to evidence but have yet to hear of if that cop took action. He might have helped her and I just don’t know.

2 Likes

As for in game: Open a ticket for ongoing harassment, not for “just” harassment. It is dealt with differently. Specifically when you ignore someone and they make new characters to continue harassing you.

As for outside the game: Get the police involved.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spotlight-on-harassment/10309

Also: Don’t reply. If you reply or snap back Blizzard will NOT always be able to view it as harassment. If you don’t react, they will. It’s also in the thread I linked I believe:

“Remember that you should try to avoid contacting and/or replying to the offending player(s); simply keep reporting the harassment and allow us to investigate the matter for you.”

3 Likes

This server is terrible . I regret joining it, with I could transfer every character out.