Does Blizzard Mistreat It's Community on Purpose?

This is what I am starting to believe.
Part of the model for classic wow content is baiting your consumer base. If you have a good counter argument that would be wicked.
This company cant even respond to forum posts. They have 30x the resources they did 15 years ago yet somehow 15 years ago we got responses and felt listened to.

Im not highlighting 1 specific issues. Im just pointing out Blizzards intentional snubbing of the community via lack of data, patch notes, hotfixes and responses to legit forum posts.

As a business owner im sick of Blizzard. I could pay someone 45k a year to sit here and atleast tell my clients “we will get back to you.”

9 Likes

I mean, you’re not wrong…

4 Likes

maybe the money but they keep firing everybody

I do not know about on purpose but they have definitely lost the pulse of the wow community both in classic and retail. The change they did to the oceanic realms shows that clearly.

Did you not see the blue post where they are reverting that change for Classic servers?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/oceanic-realm-connections-for-pvp-matchmaking-in-wow-classic/981920/2

No, he’s not, is he?

This game seems to receive a fraction of the support it once did on every level. Less human interaction, more automated responses. You’d think the game was no longer profitable, but it still has to be far more profitable than most other MMORPGs that have ever been released … so … what the hell?

They’ve kinda been jerks ever since they thought “Soon” was a cool response to everything :slight_smile: I don’t think it has ever changed.

3 Likes

Yes i did but it was clearly a stupid decision in the first place that if they had even talked to the community they would have known. It should not take everyone getting pissed for something to happen.

1 Like

There are corporations that legit care about their employee’s and make sure to get them the best benefits, try to get them good pay, even have events to show appreciation.
Those companies are hard to find nowadays though.

Blizzard is def not one of those companies anymore. They hire just what’s needed and fire people the moment they finish their task. Companies like this are run by people who don’t have empathy only care about the bottom dollar.

Blizzard realizes that they have their boot on the players throat and players aren’t going anywhere. People have put so many years of their life into playing this game its hard to move on to another mmorpg when there is no certainty that the game will last longer than a year.

At this point though its the players fault for feeding this company cash. It’s hard to give up on a large piece of your childhood if you grew up playing this game and blizz just knows it…

1 Like

original blizz were jerks and werent afraid to tell you no. but thats the thing, they at least communicated the “no”.

1 Like

Or, looked at a globe.

1 Like

This is what ‘corporationalism’ does. The bigger you get the less you will interact with the public.

Also. They let go of most of the “non-development” department employees. Notably CS.

Also-also, they no use Twitter for most of their CS responses.

They lost 29% of their player base over the last three years.

That number’s keeping Bobby’s yacht guy up at night.

they dont care about that as long as the whales keep buying store mounts and boosts

oh and tokens

Yes, they do.

Or, they will.

There is less communication because ultimately there will never be a point where you satisfy everyone. So the people that make the budget view it as a waste.

They could have a CM answer us weekly but you are always going to have players that are unsatisfied and willing to throw out “gotcha” statements at every corner. Which makes the devs look bad whether its deserved or not.

Not trying to advocate it or defend their practices, but thats literally why we get ignored.

It’s kind of an impossible position to be in. You make a statement, which is what the plan is at that time, and then if ANYTHING changes, everyone calls you a liar. Look at the complaints about prepatch length as an example. They never said 4 weeks, they said you’ll have time to level. People took that to mean 4 weeks, and were incredibly mad when it wasn’t.

So they try to make statements only after they are 100% sure that’s what is going to happen, and players complain that they don’t communicate enough, or that they ignore issues in favor of posting fluff, or just constant, endless asking them to address whatever the pet issue of the day is instead of the things they can say 100% for sure are happening. That’s why issues that need a dev decision don’t really get talked about while they are in process- look at what happened with LW drums. We got the info that was guarenteed (the two recipe versions) and a note saying they are continuing to look at it. Then nothing for like 2 months. Then tinnitus.

1 Like

With this statement, I’d guess your business is a lot smaller than Blizzard’s, and you’re a lot newer to business.

Admittedly, my business is a lot smaller, too, but I’ve been around the block a little, and seen various stages of growth and customer service at various companies…

Something I’ve never seen and don’t really know how to process is a likes to dislikes ratio of something like 10:7 in the latest Marketing/PR video:

Which might suggest Blizzard is out of touch with the fanbase, but might not. It could be that interaction in 2021 is just different from what we’ve seen, and maybe this is progress.

Whatever it is, it’s certainly interesting.

1 Like

I do not see why everyone is hating on th ode personally.

because its not good. thats it. the one for classic was good.