Does Blizzard actually make money with Classic Tokens?

How is it any more or less dirty then gold bought using a token?

If they’re buying gold with $$$ then they’re not “honest” players lol.

There are tons of schemes that can be used to manipulate the system, and that’s one of the worst parts.

1 Like

People were complaining loudly about all those things but until now some people had blind faith, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, that blizzard might eventually do something about the gold selling/buying and with the token that fool’s hope is destroyed. The destruction of the illusion that blizzard would do something about all the gold buying is what’s driving the loud complaining about the token. Having to face your delusions is hard for most people.

Believing someone will do as they say is hardly "delusion. "

Huh?

It has to, because how else does it get there?

Gold farmers don’t just print gold, they farm it. It’s generated in and by the game. Any method gold farmers can use to farm gold is usable by regular players not selling it for real money.

I have never purchased gold. I have never run a GDKP and taken a payout of purchased gold. I cannot afford BOEs or to ever dream of bidding in a GDKP with my pitiful but honestly earned gold. I am priced out of the market on everything. If my only option at this point is to purchase a token from Blizzard in order to participate in the game economy then I have absolutely no qualms about that. You are running around with a bag full of dirty money, you have no ground to stand on when it comes to preaching against the morality of a token.

3 Likes

Yes, the gold is solely generated by the game but not by human interactions. A human can’t do a dungeon 24/7 over 2 years.

1 Like

Yeah gold farmers running many, many bot accounts 24 hours a day will do that. Not a single player just trying to play the game.

Fine, whatever you need to tell yourself to justify it. You’re still not an “honest” player by my standards.

Money which I gained 100% through in-game activities. You really can’t be trying to claim the high-ground for buying gold over people who earned it in-game can you? Maybe over people who bought it from 3rd parties, though I’ll maintain that from a gameplay perspective you’re equally dirty. But you definitely can’t claim to be more “honest” than people out there simply earning their gold playing the game…

Neither can a bot

True, but then that’s botting we are talking about. Gold selling provides a motive for Botting but anyone can use bots for what ever reason - just not in compliance with the TOS.

1 Like

You’re buying it from their store, so obviously they get the money from it.
:axe:

1 Like

There is no point continuing a conversation with you because you insist on pursuing an intellectually dishonest argument. You stated you have enough gold to never pay a wow sub again, and that gold was made through GDKPs. That gold was purchased by SOMEONE, because that much wealth in the game does not come from honest means.

You are more than happy to sit on your laundered, illegally sourced gold but shake your finger at anyone who wants to buy a token from Blizzard just to narrow the gap in wealth disparity. Silly.

What I would prefer more than buying a token at this point is for Blizzard to source back all gold in the game and remove it from every single person running around with purchased gold, no matter how many times it changed hands.

4 Likes

It is if they said it a hundred times and they consistently failed to do what they said and yet you still trust them to do what they say. I personally don’t believe a word that comes out of blizzard’s mouth. It’s not that they always lie, but they’ve lied so often you can’t really believe a word they say.

1 Like

Your problem is that you fall for the posturing of people claiming that they will quit. The fact is that most won’t quit. They are going to make a damn fortune off of this.

Yea probably right. People tend not to quit over the big issues, they just quit because it’s not fun anymore

1 Like

It is a stupid move, I agree. However, honestly in WOTLK there really is no reason to buy gold unless you run GDKPS.

Consumables for raiding are far cheaper than vanilla or tbc. I spend 200-300 gold every week on pots, flasks, pet food and you make about 200 gold just clearing ulduar.

Then professions like selling tailoring cloth, maybe some gems and titansteelbars, just add to my income passively. My money without much effort at all and mostly raid logging was 70k at the end pf phase 1. I was able to buy the new ulduar boe’s week 2 for like 35k and then spent the entirety of phase 2 accumulating money again… I’ll do the same thing when togc drops, rinse repeat.

the wow token just really isn’t necessary for normal players (if you play the game correctly.) Use your professions, list stuff on the auction house… it’s why they are there.

In a video game we play for fun not being fun is the biggest issue.

1 Like

Yes, there is demand for then even with tp gold being cheaper, they get 5 USD per token basically

They can manipulate the algorithm behind the price but i don’t see reason why would then

You’ll lose mostly everybody by using this language. It seems they do not teach basic economics anymore.

2 Likes

Its a great move. Only seen toddlers stamping their feet mad about it.