Does Arthas deserve a "happy" ending?

Okay. And? How does that relate to the mess regarding Arthas and his soul?

My guess their argument is Zovaal made it a hobby to collect the all the pieces and glue Arthas back together in his soul gem. Its a great past time if you are evil supermax hell satan, its like making a ship in a bottle, except the ship is alive, and screams a lot.

10 Likes

I suppose. Hopefully we learn more of Arthas fate in 9.2. If there is anything beyond the Anduin encounter and flashbacks we’re getting

1 Like

Oddly enough, I could see Captain Grim’s parody Zovaal doing this…

3 Likes

I dont honestly think he is himself anymore, he is a shade, driven mad by countless torments and broken into an obedient servant of Zovaal.

I expect a moment with this shade of Arthas, and Sylvanas. The foreshadowing of justice not yet being delivered makes me think she is going to destroy him.

1 Like

You remember the Memory of Arthas bound to the Blades of the Fallen Prince AKA one of the Artifacts we killed by infusing them with the Fel from Sargeras’s Sword?

If an Echo of Argus fell into the Shadowlands knocking out the Arbiter then the Memory of Arthas would fall into the Shadowlands as well going straight to the Maw and into the hands of Zovaal.

The Soul of Arthas was beaten until it was reduced to a random Shade while the Echo of Arthas that controlled his Heartless Body as the Lich King got stuffed into Kingsmourne to bind Anduin to Zovaal’s will.

The Fallen King is a mocking tyrant who first mocks the Death Knight who claimed the Blades of the Fallen Prince then mocks Uther in arrogance.

Arthas won’t get any sympathy for me.

I thought redeeming Garrosh and Blizzards wierd obsession with redeeming it’s most deplorable toxic male characters to be poor optics.

funny, manny people think the same above sylvanas.

I don’t think many people think Sylvanas is a toxic male character.

5 Likes

true, many people think that sylvanas don´t deserve any sympathy and on top of this…sylvanas is simple a toxic character :wink:

It looks to me like a lot of people hate Sylvanas and want her tortured in the most gruesome way possible before being killed and having her soul destroyed, perhaps by a resurrected Garithos or Arthas. Luckily, this won’t happen.

1 Like

no, i don´t want her to be tortured for all eternity, that is an destiny no one deserve but…she should be punished for her missdeeds…and face consequences, the same apply to arthas aswell…or garrosh, garrosh is and remain a coward, he preferred destruction of his own being to realization.

How do we know Arthas isn’t the same as in he prefers destruction? Cdev quite plainly stated that he was already evil before having his soul twisted.

1 Like

arthas was never put into revendreth, he got never the chance …to face his consequences, and his crystal was since frostmourne in zovals possesion, so this part of his soul was frozen in time, like sylvanas, and the rest was put into the maw, before he could try to atone (and maybe fail, but, he don´t have the chance)

I would even argue…that the deepest wound of all three…have arthas, because frostmourne´s first deed was to steal a big amount or even all of arthas soul…and this “was evil before”, in my eyes, no one is born evil, its exist no sin from birth, if we start with this kind of bs…then we will end in the darkest age of humanity.

The Arthas novel kind of retconned it. It’s more like Arthas came to an understanding and bonded with the blade and the sprit within.

Because you can go around claiming that he’s soulless from the moment he picked up the blade but that ignores the fact that everything he did since then was full of his own agency.

The Lich King that wakes up in the Wrath opening cinematic is clearly and undeniably Arthas. That is the moment that Arthas put paid to both Ner’zhul and the remnant of his own Humanity.

3 Likes

he was - even the novel admitted it - soulles from the moment he put frostmourne. thats the reason he start to look different…without being …dead. But soulles in wow means more like…“lose of humanity” and not “instant death”

The point is however he was still HIM. That’s why the cinematic is full of him recalling his father’s lessons about rulership and twisting themto fit his new kingdom of undeath.

In part, yes, in the end arthas was a young prince that broke at the expection of his father and mentors, his wished were more a curse then he want to be praised by everyone and against the scourge he wish nothing more then …to get vengeance for his people, i´m pretty sure if he would have given the choice between “saving your kingdom” or “take vengeance against the circle”…he would choose #2

because he was driven by vengeance before he even step one foot at nordends shore.

IF you read the novel, what you’ll find is that flying off the handle once he makes a choice was a normal part of his personality. He finds a woman shivering after a wolf attack, does he get her a blanket? No he goes and hunts down a wolf and then hands her its pelt.

His inability to accept “NO” got his prize horse “Invincible” killed the first and only time he rode while it was alive. Everything he does as either Death Knight or Lich King reflects this personality, especially his cruelty to Sylvannas.

1 Like

yeah, arthas was made by christy golden, and made arthas to an …unstable young man, i know, but the source material draw a different charakter.

1 Like