Does anyone log onto an Alt

Absolutely. That’s me and alts these days as well.

A big no thanks to the essence grind.

You don’t have to grind essences if you don’t care about them.

4 Likes

“But I need rank 3 essences to grind out WQs 18 hours day” - Every casual player in GD

2 Likes

I honestly just don’t give a crap about 'em. Same with AP. Like with Legion, I just collect it passively or don’t bother.

1 Like

nah, really dont care.
you have had to grind gear, levels, etc since day 1 of vanilla wow.
this is literally no different.

That’s why I decided to only play two characters seriously and I have two 440+ characters with both hearts being one or two level from max

I think neck grind is only really thatttttt bad on certain classes. I havent done much end-game recently but when I played more my BIS was the starting essence you get ranks in for free, the raid essence and the m+ essence. So I just got free essence ranks doing things I do anyway. All three of them are maxable fairly quick.

Most of my alts are stuck in Garrison hell. I don’t even log into them. I see their level, immediately realize where they are, and click on a different character.

I fixed that. I just stopped bothering with it.
I now have 13 frikkin characters in BFA.
NOT grinding for them anymore.
I’ll wait till this trash expansion is over, hopefully the next will be better, they’ll take our neck like they took our weapon and I’ll hopefully be able to put the last two expansion behind me at that point and move on.
Otherwise, Im using my high levels for running for transmogs and never, ever stepping foot out beyond Pandaria again.

Funny how a game company whose been around since the dinosaurs walked the earth can spend all this time making a game I DONT want to play.

I’m the same but for wotlk content. People rave about wotlk. Yes the lore is the best out of all the expacs. But damn does the questing suck terribad.

Was logged on my DK all weekend. Played. Tanked M+, DPSed M+, PvPed, did a few WQ, generally had fun.

Sure I could’ve logged on my main and do this stuff, but my main gets literally nothing for it and it’s nice to play something different.

My DK now has a few essences just from playing normally. Its neck is only 64 (last week it was 35, so that went by fast) so it can only equip 2, and its using Rank 1s, but I can still +2 an 8 key and then get a 10 done on it.

I logged on to this toon to main swap, and the entire time i was hoping a bus would just crash through my wall and crush me. Never again.

1 Like

Nope, they’re alts and can earn their own character/power progression just like they have every other expansion before BfA and every expansion after BfA. They’re not second or third mains.

are you still getting any drops of any relevance this late?
I mean, late legion it was seriously mats that kept me running heroics…DEing my drops for crafting.
Other than that it wasnt worth the effort.

Seeing how my DK was 385 last week, yes, I’m in the process of gearing it back up.

I log them in to level them in the AV anniversary event or to get an extra Rustfeather kill, but that’s only a few of them because I can’t be fussed to do the intro quests on Mechagon 15 times.

Reminds me of the American Dad episode where Roger kills people with a limo.

Thats my problem. I bore VERY easily once Ive ripped something apart. If I run DPS too much. or tank or heal. Im ready to move on to something else.
I can only take one class or one character for a week or so at a time before I have to get onto another one or I think Id end up taking a break from the game entirely.
Alts are perfect for me. Keeps things a bit more fresh. But having that essence grind crap is an alt killer. Just aint worth the effort.

I just dont get the limitations anyway.
the more characters I can play easily without the horrific grinds again, the more Im likely to play and ENJOY playing.

I guess that would keep one busy enough.

I’ll do you one better:

I log into my main and look at the essence grind and think that it’s not worth my time the first time. The entire essence system feels incredibly unrewarding and grindy for what it is.

I only really log in when my husband wants to run something, to be honest. At this point the game feels more like I’m waiting for something worthwhile to do. The solo content that my husband and I usually engage in just isn’t hitting that sweet spot for us and the group content is old and stale. The raid is fine but we just don’t have the schedule for it.