Does anyone know if there's a WoW terrain editor?

I know there’s a starcraft one for custom maps - But I’m wondering if there’s something like that out there for WoW and it’s maps.

My goal is to essentially make my own lil personal version of Azeroth. I wanna make every zone like 200% bigger with more towns and lil nooks and crannies to do stuff in - not to implement it as a game feature but moreso just for fun.

If there’s not would I be able to port it into unreal engine or something like that?

Minecraft creative mode may be what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

I’ve done this already thoughhhhh

Also it’s really hard to make assets that way. :joy:

Everquest Next had a voxel + smoothing system that was… put simply, amazing.

It’s unfortunate they pulled the plug on that game.

The things people made in it were unbelievable.

1 Like

I am completely unsure if there is a more simple way of editing the world without recreating it from the ground up. Personally, for me, the easiest and least costly way of recreating Azeroth would be exporting WMV files to either Blender, Cinema 4D, or any program of your choosing.

I would recommend using Blender since it is free and provide a ton of resources for photo realistic rendering.

2 Likes

If you’re looking to make a playable game, I’d just go with Unreal (or Unity, would be my suggestion). You can go to a model viewer and export to something like .fbx and go from there.

I don’t think they’ve ever publicly released any of the editing tools for WoW, so if you wanted to edit WoW maps you’d be hacking together both your own game client and your own editing software.

1 Like

Blender and Wow export tools exists if that’s what you’re looking for. :man_shrugging: