Does anyone else land before logging?

It just occurred to me after all these years that I tend to, no matter where I am, find a safe place and land before I log out. I don’t know if it’s because I’m very old and have logged in and fallen to my death on several toons, but I guess now it’s just a Pavlovian response to logging out.

Anyone else have kind of… unconscious actions that are just so rote now that you do them in the game without noticing?

I uhh, don’t tend to spontaneously log out mid-flight, so I guess I do?

Why would I be flying anywhere if I’m planning on logging out?

I have and always will log out in a rest zone.

3 Likes

I have occasionally gotten on a flight path and either logged out because it will bypass the 20 second camp or because I was on an alt and realized that a boss was spawning for another toon and wanted to switch.

Aka ADD and can’t wait to get to where I am going or be bothered to find an inn and … Shiny!

Now to be fair that happens more for switching characters not so much for logging for the day/night.

No, but I consciously always log out seated in an inn; I just like the aesthetic and roleplay as I’m retiring for a time when logging out.

Unless I’m in a hurry, I sit my character at a table, a bar, sleeping somewhere, or chatting to someone.

1 Like

There was a time, mainly a thing from Vanilla, where if you logged out in a taxi mid-flight, you’d be put back where you were- without the gryphon or wyvern, and you’d fall to your death.

Now, this is something that’s very rare and not easily replicated, but it’s happened enough to leave a lasting scar on me lol. It even happened in re-released Classic!

So, yeah, I land when I log out. It started very early for me, lol.

Before flying mounts even.

Always… Flight form gets cancelled on logout so I would fall to my death if I didn’t.

1 Like

Every single time. I used to fly up to the top of valdrakkan and park there

Well I always Hearth (or, at least, enter an Inn) before logging.
So, yeah, I land before logging.

yep and hearth back to main city inn before i log

Back in the “before times” I started out on a PVP server because I didn’t know any better, I’ve always found a “safe spot” before logging out…or walking away from the keyboard for that matter.

I’ll do you one better, even at max level I try to find an inn to camp in, even going as far as clicking on a chair or barstool.

2 Likes

I do something like that. I try to find a good place to lay my characters down to sleep or kick back before I log out.

This is the main reason I land before logging out. It can bug out and dump you when you log back in if you logged out somehow in midair.

What amuses everyone who knows me, is I have very specific spots in the game I will return to before logging out. I call them my “logout spots”. For example, my logout spot in Dalaran was/is standing on a particular rock. My logout spot in Valdrakken is the top of the bank, specifically the left side of the roof as you’re facing the tower with the aspects at the top, and always facing said tower. I have a logout spot in every major city and it’s disconcerting to me if I log in to find my characters in a non-logout spot. :joy:

It feels too weird to just be in the air as I log out.

You never know when the game will somehow have you log in falling off your flying mount.

I have way to much PTSD from falling to my death when logging in mid air on my druids so yeah i allways land

I don’t always land, but when I log back in my mount tends to start floating down. But there are times when I would not be mounted in midflight and fall to my death. Doesn’t matter to me if I die or not. Respawning is not as rough as it used to be.

Yes, or else what if I log in and fall from the sky?

I don’t land and hope if I am on my druid and I somehow leave flight form, I hit travel form before I hit the ground.