Does anyone else here hate SKB fire gameplay also?

I cannot stand this rotation. Idk why but i much prefer DC. I am really upset that for raids its either SKB or go play a different spec. its why im arcane for M+ and frost for raid these days. I personally hope this isn’t the future for mage (aka SKB becomes a talent in dragonflight that is a must have) or i may finally change my main after 17 years.

2 Likes

I don’t like it but I’m pretty sure it’s because I’m not comfortable with it. It seems cool in theory but between trying to learn new classes for the mage tower and maintain a decent level of play with different frost builds as well as DC fire and kyr arcane just in case, I couldn’t be bothered with skb.

It also seems like it would be awkward in keys, but I have no idea

I can tell you every other class and spec suffers from some sort of inflammation of the rotation. As soon as there is a way to play that feels good and responsive and comfortable, the meta swoops in to require a different build that feels clunky and awkward, and like you’re playing reverse crab double dutch with a side stitch. I think it’s just another way to “create” a problem to fix “later” via patch promises… :eyes:

1 Like

Í hate Disciplinary Command, but I actually enjoy SKB a lot.

I actually like skb. I HATE discipline. Skb gives that extended combust which feels alot better then just the normal combust.

Discipline feels HORRIBLE bc if I m playing fire, I shouldn’t be forced to use frost and arcane spells. That’s even while playing frost. I’ll use freezing winds leggo and NF over disc command anyday.

1 Like

I hate it and want to kill it dead…with fire.

It just feels clunky and bad

I feel like fire mage lego gameplay is too technical at the moment. We have to relearn a new rotation often, and these rotations and clunky and unnatural.

I’ve tried SKB multiple times and it just isn’t feeling right. I felt the same about DC to begin with but it didn’t take long to get used to it. SKB seems different for some reason.

My only beef is the timer on the buff. Encourages a use it or lose it rather than leveraging it as a set up.

I will say that it feels a lot better when playing Venthyr than Night Fae, but overall I really dislike DC whereas SKB adds something to fire gameplay that was lacking outside of the full combust (pressing fireball for minute isn’t super fun).

1 Like

I think the SKB rotation is actually far more straightforward than DC once you get used to it. You dont have to worry about lining up DC or a trinket with the sometimes random CD on combust when running kindling.

You pretty much just full send trying to maximize crits and proc SKB as soon as its up. If your rune is up, cast it right before or after proccing (preferably before) and if its on CD, just use it with your next SKB. Try to get enough haste so that your fireblast cd is lower in combust than it take for your infernal cascade conduit to drop and you should have no issues getting to 2 stacks even if you proc SKB with 0 fireblast charges.

One thing that helps a lot is hard casting a flamestrike instead of a pyro to proc SKB if you are out of range of a mob or you think the mob will die before you get a pyro off. Flamestriking air is better than letting your proc fall since youll at least get some value out of the combust since your fireblasts will charge back faster.