Does anyone else get a sick feeling when playing the opposite faction

Nope. Then again, I’ve always played both sides and in fact have been on Alliance for the better of two weeks. I touched Horde last night for a few hours.

Yes.

TEN CHARACTERS

1 Like

It’s not hyperbole for me. I have definitely felt physically sick from playing Horde alts and doing PvP as horde (killing Alliance) downright gave me anxiety…At least it used to feel like a morally gray area with Horde vs Alliance stuff, but for a while now I feel like the Horde are indisputably the “evil” side and I just can’t do that.

1 Like

I do feel kind of…dirty I guess doing Horde quests. The npcs can be overly obnoxious. Just last night doing WQ on my Horde alt some Orc pops up screaming “Eat dirt and die! Alliance scum.” It just feels wrong.

Sounds like he’s being dramatic or that he takes the game way too seriously, honestly.

Then again, I was in the horde for life crowd before my guild switched to alliance.

Now I main alliance and play both sides.

No. I’ve always played both sides but was mostly Horde up until the war of thorns pushed me to Alliance. I’ve never understood the people that don’t like playing the other faction, it’s childish and silly.

It doesn’t bother me, my main is Horde, however I still very much enjoy playing Alliance, there is zero difference to me. Both sides have things I like and don’t like.

I’ll say that despite everything I am definitely a Horde player though, have all classes of Horde at 110-120 and only 1 at 120 on Alliance, with Allied bringing up the rear.

No, since I’ve been playing Horde and Alliance since Vanilla. I will say, though, that as an Orc/Tauren player the current Horde does not feel like the Horde. I used to feel like an honorable, savage, warrior, but now the Forsaken have taken over and the Horde seems to be run by edgy teens…

I have every race and class on both sides, meaning I will have a tauren shamen and a dwarf shamen etc.

I have characters on both sides. I tend to level my Horde characters first since I like the Tauren. Also more of my friends play on this side too.

Physically ill? No. But I have never been able to make it far as horde. I just dont like playing that faction. The farthest I made it on a horde took is a 58 DK I made when my realm was down. Now that I think of it, I’m not even sure what realm that thing is even sitting on.

I don’t get a sick feeling… I’m bored out of my mind though. I get all these complaints about nothing to do, game being boring, etc. when I play my Alliance toons and can see why so many Alliance are quitting the game compared to Horde.

Horde: Wow! This game is great and there’s so much to do!
Alliance: This game sucks, there’s nothing to do and it’s boring!

2 Likes

i don’t have any alliance characters so i couldn’t tell you. but i know i wouldn’t like staring at greymane and jaina’s faces all day.

1 Like

When can we get the wolf mount, 8.2?

This is just silly. I’ve played both factions since we could make them on the same realm. I had “forum friends” on both sides so maybe that’s the difference. I wasn’t just stepping into the Alliance side all alone.

They’re all just video game characters.

1 Like

Not really, I’m 100% Horde, but I do have a maxed out Alliance character mainly due to get the point of view and story from the other side. At the end of the day we all know what’ll happen, we’ll all group together to fight the big baddy and put our differences aside, why it doesn’t bug me.

Again, it’s the point where I wish there was a 3rd faction off in the distance that just wants nothing to do with Horde and Alliance shenanigans.

It depends on what I’m doing. When just normal questing, I enjoy the Alliance. But the only time I felt really odd was when I was doing the Arathi warfront on Alliance. I had done it many times on my 4 Hordies, so the normal thing is to attack Alliance. Being on the Alliance side was just kinda uncomfortable. I wasn’t really into it as much, but I did my part from start to finish. Subsequent warfronts have been much easier.

I dunno which type of person is more dramatic: the one who says they feel sick playing the other faction or the people who are saying “he needs mental help!”. Fascinating.

4 Likes

Nope, not sick.
I will say the layout of the Horde main city is awful. Having to take a flight just to get from the bank to the warfront table, the stairs from the bank to the profession trainers and scrapper. Definitely an argument against Horde bias.

2 Likes

My first time playing horde was back at the end of cata’s content as a belf warlock and it felt awesome. So awesome that when void elves came out I changed my nelf into one.