Does anyone actually LIKE what DBM/BigWigs has done to the game?

I think it just shows how in the Raids/Dungeons aren’t explained well enough to even understand what to do. Considering there’s no Indicators that show EXACTLY what it’s meant for. One boss can have a purple circle you NEED to soak, while another has the same exact circle but you need to STAY OUT of it makes it confusing for some people, wouldn’t be surprised if people mixed them up.

For some bosses what you NEED to do to not wipe immediately is sometimes half explained and the explanation tell you the description of something but in game it looks nothing like it’s described or people interpret it differently. Would be nice if the guide had some sort of visuals to show I mean they already show a 3d model of the Boss themselves.

3 Likes

Blizzard can’t change it back to how it was as social media exists to purge all secrets and players have gotten more resourceful over time .

Moreover the current mobile generation attitude is more of getting the reward than the journey to it .If you removed gear/rewards from raids or m+ It would be a gloried Challenge mode - one and done.

1 Like

I’ve seen them used, never built one personally. It’s that level of automation that I don’t like though. It takes the person out of the equation. Maybe its the comradery or something else, but idk. I’d much rather it be done by someone in the raid at the time it’s needed. Even if it’s “follow circle when we stack” type thing.

They only work for clock fights, which are relatively rare. Queen’s Court, N’zoth, Eonar, stuff like that. If any mechanics trigger based off of boss health, etc., teleprompters won’t work.

It DOES get you thinking about the fight mechanics, though, and about how certain bosses (such as the above) are clock fights.

Fair enough. I’m still of the impression that things like DBM and WA caused the problem with fights being so convoluted. but, meh. As the top 500 guy above said, I clearly don’t know what I’m talking about. XD

Here we go. People with no raiding exp having opinions on raiding.

People never been CE let alone hall of fame

Never been glad

Never timed keys above 25

But somehow have opinions on the difficulty of the game

L m f a o

3 Likes

It’s a pretty personal thing, but no, I don’t really enjoy the “laser disco twister” style of fights that have come to dominate raids, and more recently dungeons with M+. It’s tiring and reminds me more of memorizing and perfectly executing a stage performance than playing a game.

I will say that I’ve always been more inclined toward dungeons than raids though, where it used to be the standard to take in a ragtag team and figure out your own way through — somehow making things work with the group you managed to gather with an enhance shaman tank, a disc healer wearing shadow gear, two rogues, and a ret pally is more gratifying than building a gleaming A-team that never misses a beat and slides through like butter.

3 Likes

Raiding in FF14 SUCKS. It’s all mix and match of the same abilities on the same square or circle of death. Their fights are very boring, no originality. I love the game, the story, the leveling experience, but endgame is absolute trash. And yes, I currently play both. I need to catch up on the last patch still.

Ah yes, another top 500 guy coming in here like his 10% of the player base are all that exist and are the only way to have fun. Love it.

1 Like

SL is going to be even stingier with loot, dropping the ilvl of M+ substantially, and deleting the gear drops of Visions from Torghast.

Under these circumstances it’s easy to have an opinion of the difficulty gating you off from character power growth (the entire point of RPGs).

I forgot. All of you are actually multi rank 1 multi hall of fame 6 trillion io players just postin on your alt accounts.

2 Likes

What’s funny is people talking about DBM and not the actual powerful raid addon weakauras.

2 Likes

This was actually mentioned above and I agreed to it above.

2 Likes

I agree they should remove LFR because it is obviously too complicated

You’re not wrong, it’s not at all Blizzard’s fault in fact - I even stated in that original post that it was mostly a community issue.

But I do miss it - and I do feel like the community’s insistence on absolute perfection is a problem, but again - still outside of Blizzard’s control.

I heavily disagree about it being the ‘current mobile generation’, however. Don’t be so shortsighted.

Oh buddy. Did you know that there are more than 500 guilds in the world playing this game? Because it really seems like you don’t. Besides, I’m not talking about difficulty here. I’m talking about gameplay not the difficulty of it, but rather the enjoyment of it and whether or not the game can be played AT ITS HIGHEST LEVEL without addons. If it can’t it’s crap design.

They should remove LFR, but not because it’s sarcastically too complicated. but because it removes the main thing about MMO’s that is the most important and that’s the social aspect.

They should 100% remove LFR and normal

It takes the magic out of raiding.

Also addons simply re arrange information in a easier / preferred to see area.

Hardest content in the game can absolutely be done with out addons bt no one wants to play with default blizz uI. That sounds awefull

4 Likes

So let me give an example of how the timers are important. (Keep in mind this is a simplified retelling.)

When I’m tanking Psychus in Mythic Nzoth, I need to know when he’s gonna cast his next Creeping Anguish, because he’s got to be pre-positioned for that.

Keep in mind that I’m juggling the following:

1. Synapses need to die, he needs to be parked near one when it dies so he gets debuffed so the rolling debuff doesn’t drop off (which would be a wipe).
  2. I’m juggling a couple dozen Psychophages, keeping them off the other players, watching and (when possible) controlling their casts, doing the in-out-in-out with them to keep their cast zones off the other players, and watching for their death pools when they die (since me stepping in one is probably a wipe).

[Please note that Psychophages don’t even exist on Heroic/Normal/LFR.)

1. Also need to watch for Deathwing’s fire and leave an exit path for when Creeping Anguish does go off, which also needs to keep in mind the Psychophage situation, above, on top of that.
  2. Oh and I have to tank the boss. :laughing:

With all of that going on at once, I need to know when his Anguish cast is coming. It’s not a “just watch his cast bar!” thing since he stops moving when he casts it, and he needs to be in place because of #1.

I don’t even watch the little mini-bars for DBM because my eyes are very busy with #2 and #3. I make a weakaura to grab that info from DBM and put it front and center in my screen.

“Just move when the boss casts” doesn’t work for stuff that has sensitive positioning. At least for tanks.

7 Likes

The only thing these addons do is make information clearer. You can technically pretty much see everything they show you if you pay attention to boss animations and sound effects.

Why are they necessary then? Because this is a MMO and there’s up to 19 or 29 other people fighting the same boss as you, so visual and sound cues are lost in the noise.

2 Likes

Honestly I’m ok with this, just make Heroic and Mythic the new “normal and Heroic”

1 Like