Does Anyone Actually Like being Crowd Controlled?

I don’t like being CC’d so I just line the 4head

Seriously, I don’t like it, but it’s part of the game. When I get put into long chains it sucks but being careful with trinket helps break the chain.

Sub rogue and rdruid cc is broken, every other spec is fine except fire mage dragons breath cd is to low.

This games cc was out of control in mop when disorients and fears didn’t dr and mages had deep freeze blanket silence and blood elves had a silence.

3 Likes

I remember when locks and mages cried when they lose blanket silence.

I’d love to see warrior lost stormbolt and get throwdown back though.

Right, and I understand it’s part of the game and a necessary evil. I also use whatever CC I have available as well. I just think they could be condensed from 7 schools to 4, and the PvP trinket could use an update. You could wait out the right CC to trinket out of, and then you use it, but there’s another CC waiting for you basically. I’m not opposed to CC, I just think there’s too many different schools of it, and I think DRs don’t ramp up fast enough.

I could go into some detail on each of your points, but really the cure for “I hate CC” is playing a class that relies on CC to survive and/or get kills. It will become evident very quickly why a plethora of CC is important.

Yes we all have experienced the really good RMP that makes us want to throw our keyboard out the window. But in the absence of CC, what makes the difference in a PvP matchup? Sure, doing your rotation well is important, but it’s not hard, and doesn’t really require reaction of any sort. You could make the argument that you have to react to your opponents’ defensive CDs, but if the name of the game is just damage (not CC), then pretty much every spec will have a reliable sequence of CD usage which is just as easy to predict as it is to execute a DPS rotation.

CC, and specifically a relatively complex interplay of CC and DRs is absolutely essential to a deathmatch style game (arena) where a single death is (usually) decisive. Different styles of games where you die regularly and the victor is the one with the most kills or the least deaths or something like that are not necessarily constrained to this logic.

1 Like

cc is better than all this garbage over absorption like fleshcraft and self hybrid healing that’s in the game rn

World of Stuncraft my friend.