Does anybody like time limits in M+?

Not really. His (or her, or they, or whatever) argument is more inline with…

“I do the content that is being discussed so my opinion on it should bear more weight than yours considering that you do not engage in the content being discussed. You have no basis of knowledge to form an informed opinion.”

It’s hard to take someone’s opinion on something seriously if they don’t actually partake in the thing they are trying to state an opinion on. That doesn’t mean you can’t have an opinion…you absolutely can!..but expecting others to take it seriously is a bit…to use a word you seem to enjoy using on others often…illogical.

That makes little sense, honestly. You’re talking about looks, not power. Better looking gear isn’t the same as more powerful gear. The term “better” doesn’t really further your argument since it can encompass both scenarios.

For your preferred solo content it may be true that “good looking gear” is fairly important. Honestly, “good looking gear” is something I’d say most players want (which is why transmog is such a popular feature in the game). But getting stronger absolutely is a byproduct of obtaining “more powerful” gear. Both are “better” than the alternative (ugly or less powerful). They are not mutually exclusive, as you try to suggest.

Why is it too rewarding? If you can do it faster but choose to slow down, then you would only be hurting yourself. We are talking about people who don’t want to be timed. I’m okay with pushing the timer to have a bigger key increase. The system could work for both.

1 Like

Frankly, no. Your silly quibble over semantics certainly doesn’t sway me. And honestly, I would have been better to use the word “encourages”, since you don’t actually need to beat the timer in order to get a reward.

3 Likes

Touche, got me there.

I don’t know if I agree because even if they removed timers people could still compete for best times anyways and it wouldn’t take away from MDI. I think M+ having timers was just their design intent at the time since they were incorporating D3 gameplay into WoW, nor am I sure they ever knew how big M+ could get.

But I also don’t really like the timers, I’d rather it be more dungeon crawl and just be loot or revamped in some other way without a timer. I’m just saying I don’t really think the timers needed to prop up e-sports. People gonna find ways to blitz through it regardless.

The extra damage mechanisms that they throw into the M+ are not unlike corruption.

I know this is three days old now, buuut – they actually just set a new world record for highest key completed! +34 JY!

Holy crap, lol

I think there should be Mythic options.

Each additional requirement increases the reward chance, not the reward ilvl.

So remove the weekly chest and just put in M+ with timer, M+ with two affixes, 3 affixes, 4, etc etc.

ladder ranking per server built in to the game, not an addon. The list goes on.

Timers in dungeons date from MoP in 2012, 2 years before Greater Rifts was made live. Just saying.

1 Like

Does anybody like soccer? If so, why?
Does anybody like rugby? If so, why?
Does anybody like backgammon? If so, why?

The world is not made up of clones of you. Different people are different from you. They like different things.

Nobody needs a “why” to like something. That’s not how it works.

I may be getting my feature time frames mixed up, but my point still stands that they were pulling from a previous form. They made CMs challenging by scaling and timing it and the rewards were purely cosmetic so when they decided to update that model the time feature was already baked into the idea of timing the dungeon. Personally I don’t think it’s necessary.

And for that 12 years dungeons became worthless not long after cap. Mythic plus has made dungeons relevant outside of leveling or being freshly capped for the first time, thank God for that.

3 Likes

I like it. Gives you this feeling of “Aww, we were so close!!” When you don’t make it. Keeps you on edge as to not make so many mistakes. I also feel like, if you can’t time it, it shouldn’t reward with gear. Why? Can’t time a 15? Do enough 8, 9, 13s ect ect untill you have that DPS check or w/e you need for your role.

2 Likes

Timers aren’t only in WOW. It’s been added to games a long time to make them last longer, so a player doesn’t get to the end and be done, after spending $60. IMO it adds more value to the product. I have the option to chill my way through, Rayman Legends for example, then go back and do speed runs.

1 Like

Its also there to determine whether or not you deserve the reward at the end. Don’t complete it in the time frame? You don’t deserve the reward.

You still get rewarded even if you don’t beat the timer. You just lose a piece of loot and don’t get the upgraded keystone. That’s still not a counterpoint to the position "I don’t like timers in a dungeon” though.

1 Like

Is there an asterisk next to that? Considering it took Blizz completely screwing up scaling in the entire game for that to happen.

I personally don’t like them, and it prevents me from taking part in them even though I know I have characters that can at least run a +0 to +5. I just don’t enjoy being timed, first time we didn’t make time I’d feel like time was wasted. Precious time.

1 Like

I like their current implementation and would like them even more if they had more (non-loot) rewards. I loved challenge modes in MOP and these feel very based off of that. I did a lot of M+ in legion and even sold carries, it was always a lot of fun.