Dodge Bugfix and Algalon Tuning

Next step is to reach Algalon to take advantage of the 10% less damage :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly Algalon is the boss that will only be doing 11% more melee damage to you…

The rest will be dealing considerably more. (About 16%)

Some of me may die, but it is a risk the raid is willing to take.

1 Like

This is just going to make Paladin tanks even more desirable btw lol

The thing is that as of right now a string of non mitigated hits is still likely enough anyways that your healers basically always have to be assuming it will happen and dumping on overheals, because it happens too quickly to react to. Obviously it’s hard to say for sure how this change will affect things but my best guess would be that while the actual healing recieved will go up, the required healing output by healers (when you include actual heals + required overhealing) will go down.

Edit: also, one other thing I forgot to mention is that the 10% melee nerf will actually be slightly bigger for Paladins and Warriors because of the way blocking works (the flat block amount will block a larger percentage of the attack when the base damage of the attack is lower).

What kinda language is this…

It be math :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My RL on disc “BRO YOU CAN JUST GOOGLE EQUATIONS NOW??” :joy:

1 Like

It’s just simple algebra though :sob: you shouldn’t need Google to come up with that.

Chat GPT could probably come up with it with the right prompt though.

This is definitely a nerf to alg. All that matters on alg is that your ehp is high enough to where you won’t be killed between heals, ie less than 1sec 100 to 0 The hps of your healers should outweigh the dtps even with 0 dodges.

This isnt classic vanilla, where mana matters. It’s wotlk with infinite mana if the fight is played correctly. Less dmg per hit means less of those times where the tank gets globaled.

Sure, but now the odds of your tank being hit several times in a row at the same time as a black hole explosion are much greater than they were before…

And overkills on your tanks were often by more than 10% of the melee hits in those scenarios.

It’s not going to be making the fight noticeably easier, and depending on exactly how much dodge someone was using, potentially much harder.

Also, Mana isn’t quite infinite yet when fights are doing the kind of damage that Algalon does.

Blackhole dmg isn’t even that high with proper external usage and a good star killer. We have dsac and am for all but 1 of the stars and that’s with 3 pallys.

The overkills I’ve seen generally are just barely more hp than the tank has and its 4hits in 1 global. Ie melee melee phase punch and quantum strike

Why would the damage of alg matter? If you’re healers are playing correctly they never stop casting regardless of whether the tank is at 100% hp or 90 or 80 etc

multi-dollar company. I pity the intern that is stuck doing this all solo.

1 Like

TY blizz for making bears worse…

We all know bears are arguably the worst tank spec there is in wotlk… Now you go ahead and remove the dodge glitch which made dodge stacking an option for bears to stay alive somewhat better. Now with that removed bears are going to get smacked on harder than ever. making them even less viable as a tank… Blizz you need to do something with bears to make them at least OK as a tank…

Idea: Glyph of Barkskin: Reduce the cooldown of barkskin by 15 sec. While in Dire Bear Form you gain permanent Barkskin, and you take 10% less damage from all sources.

something along those lines would make bears at least an option as a tank for dmg, that doesn’t even account for the abysmal threat issues they have.

Careful you are scaring people.

Lol

Giving any tank a personal permanent 10% damage reduction from a single source is unbelievably cooked.

Change Barkskin to function exactly like Sacred Shield then

Feral gets hit the least outside of Dodgetrinkets, DK the hardest. Pally/Warrior can always rely more on block, and due to block they will profit the most from the algalon dmg reduce

Probably yes. Most tanks i know use on use trinkets (mostly on use dodge) on algalon as part of their cooldown rotation.

If we just take a look at Ignis trinket, its on use effect is 20seconds 453 dodge rating.
Basically -10% dodge in comparison to prenerf for that part of defensive rotation.
Pretty huge.

I think the change was obviously necessary, the Dk dude that tanked alga 25 without getting hit once is the living prove of that.
But blizzard should also take this opportunity to take a quick look at tank balancing in its current state.
I main protpally, and even i am disgusted by the current state of the game.
Now we have a change in Ulduar, where basically pally gets even better in comparison to the other tanks than he already was, when it comes to the defensive department.

1 Like

Afaik bears get most of their dodge rating from agility which was not affected by this bug. I don’t know any bears that were gemming dodge rating over stam to benefit from this.

Whatever you do, don’t look at warrior’s defensive stance tooltip.

2 Likes