Dodge Bugfix and Algalon Tuning

This bug fix actually benefits feral druids when compared to other tanks because most of their dodge comes from agility and not dodge rating.

2 Likes

I feel like we’re saying the same thing but not understanding each other. I can’t respond again but I’ll tune back in later.

Can you please post a response or edit your post to be more specific as to exactly what

“the Dodge Rating statistic”

is supposed to mean?

Is it the entire dodge % on the tooltip that was bugged including all benefits from agi and defense?
Or just the literal dodge rating # on gear that was effectively doubled?

These are two wildly different things and potentially drastically change raid comps, thanks.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the answer is but this isn’t it. Why bring any other tank to Ulduar?

This was always the case unless the content was grossly under-tuned. If you thought otherwise you didn’t follow class changes close enough or pay enough attention to the pserver tank meta.

Outside of speed running comps, etc. you’re just griefing your raid if your Dad Guild builds around a tank other than a Prot Paladin.

Wouldn’t an attack speed nerf offset a dodge decrease more appropriately than a damage reduction?

1 Like

Please also fix Dsac for pallys, how it currently is with the ability to benefit from the skill while negating the negative affect you’re intended to take from using it with enough pallys every fight is meaningless and you always win. This has trivialized the ulduar difficulty increase and without a fix future fights will be the same:

You’d have to have very low total avoidance and very low dodge ratings in order for this to not be a buff to Algalon’s melee damage.

So, maybe some ferals, but even then they can pretty easily find Algalon doing more DPS on average than before

The absolute state of this team LMAO… Useless

1 Like

Yeah not saying it’s a buff for any class directly just that feral is going to see the least amount of change to their damage taken from this bug fix.

Yeah… Can basically use this

(100 * (1 - (X + ( Y / 45.25 ))/100) ) - (90 * (1 - (X/100) ) = total % loss in Algalon’s average damage from the change. If it’s negative, he is gaining that %

Where
X is your tooltip total avoidance (dodge + parry + miss) (you can remove .6% from each of those 3 if you want to account for the avoidance that the boss ignores for being level 83)
Y is your total dodge rating

So, for someone with say… 30% total tooltip avoidance and 450 dodge rating…

(100 * (1 - (30 + ( 450 / 45.25 ))/100) ) - (90 * (1 - (X/100) ) =

(100 * (1 - .4)) - (90 * (1 - .3)) =

60 - 63 = -3

So Algalon lost -3% damage, in other words, you will take 3% extra damage in this scenario.

Plug in your own values to see if this a nerf or buff to Algalon for you.

3 Likes

Good change. Bravo Blizzard

you never were seeing it as it was, the buffed his attack speed in classic

Also note that while that formula will give you the overall damage taken/sec averaged throughout the fight, even if your total damage taken goes up it may still become less dangerous, as the damage will be less spiky. Usually what gets tanks killed on Algalon is a string of unmitigated hits without enough heals, but now the worst case scenario (which can happen to some extent no matter what your avoidance is unlesss it’s 100%) is less deadly.

This doesn’t really affect Algalon difficulty because your tanks are spamming heals anyway and your tanks have to be able to survive a bad hit streak, even if infrequent.

This will, however, greatly affect Yogg0 Immortal Guardian tanking as the multi target nature of the fight means average damage taken per second is much more relevant. The massive number of targets reduces the variance and a 10-20% nerf to dodge is a giant reduction on likelihood to survive.

That fight is the one your tanks are going to start getting wrecked on. I suspect it will need adjustments.

1 Like

This is gonna feel pretty bad for guilds/tanks that have been progressing on all the other fights as well when they go in next week and get slapped around.

The fix is good, but not sure how it will play out in the realm of how players are going to feel. There are a lot of other bosses besides algalon lol.

More casuaul / semi-HC guilds that have been finally “outgearing” some of the HM 25 fights might be left feeling pretty demoralized, I just don’t want more players quitting. It’s already noticable how many people have fallen off, just to have bots taking their place.

Less deadly, but considerably more likely. So there’s still added risk there.

How rough it ends up being is a bit harder to predict, but it’s a little misleading to call it a nerf to the fight when it’s going to demand more total healing.

Yeah, it definitely is.

I’m personally ready for the final Ulduar tuning to be put in. Extra ready for it knowing everything is going to start slapping the tanks harder.

1 Like

what…?

we will never see it, because og ulduar was nerfed week 1.

Hahaha they’re such clowns it’s almost amazing.

3 Likes

Due to my loot luck my only trinkets happen to be the 2 +111 dodge rating trinkets. My avoidance is gonna drop from 68% bugged to 53% intended. I’m gonna eat +46% more fist to face next week lol

Cheer up, it’s only about 11% more fist damage from algalon :l

1 Like