Documenting one year of daily struggle with Blizzard

You’re right that there’s no technical reason. It’s just an entry in a database, and it would be easy to adjust that item.

But there is a very good people and process reason. This would obviously increase the load on the ticketing system, and if they’re not willing to commit the resources to handle the load, then it makes sense that they would deny these sorts of requests.

You can’t do it twice. It’s a quest reward. That’s the problem. If he could do it twice… then he’d just go get a new heart and turn it in again.

Also it’s a 120 void elf.

Nice try grizzly

For that matter it would be easy enough to build an automated system to do it like they have for sold items or other oopsies. There’s also a game reason they don’t do it, which is they don’t want people swapping quest rewards all the time for whatever is best at the moment.

they only assist in misclicks, not misinformed decisions. it is your girlfriend’s fault for not doing her homework.

no its policy to prevent abuse like your situation. if it was laziness, why is blizzard willing to help in other situations that demand even more of their resources?

what makes you think that? this blue post says otherwise

It was fixed for me. I mentioned this in a previous post but I selected the wrong item for my druid. They removed the wrong item and gave me the correct one. It was a simple process and the only wait time was for someone to actually access the ticket.

I’m willing to bet that you did it (opened a ticket) right after the wrong choice and not a week later like OP did.
That’s the big difference.

Maybe. That was 2005.

They won’t exchange it.

This toon turned in the same quest.

Had the Hero MEDALLION (melee/ranged damage) trinket selected, but completion gave me the TANK trinket.
Put in a ticket, GM said in response there’s nothing they can do.

So, mistake or bug, you’re stuck with whatever you get.

The policy for quest rewards currently is that it’s non reversable. I made one of the worst mistakes as a bear tank and took a crit trinket at the time over the Bis armor trinket after killing the ubrs boss. That mistake will haunt me for the rest of my classic days. As you can imagine I put in tickets myself and was told the quest rewards can’t be reversed. I do have DFT now, but the armor would have been so nice.

Not likely. You made a mistake. Sorry. It’s a bad trinket anyway so get a Toep, man-up and get over it. :man_shrugging:

This…

They honestly don’t give a crap. They won’t follow their own guidelines and when you point that out then of course you are in the wrong and not them.