Documenting one year of daily struggle with Blizzard

Sup, I have the Armor trinket from the ZG quest on my lvl 60 Warlock (likely due to a missclick?). I’m documenting my daily tickets in order to get the Spellpower trinket which I intended to take from the quest. This is something a GM in 2006 would have fixed without blinking an eye. Unfortunately it is 2020. I’m creating one ticket per day with the goal of Blizzard changing their policy on the matter.

Daily ticket 1 of 365.
On July 26th, I completed the Heart of Hakkar quest from Zul’Gurub on my Warlock. To my knowledge, I took the Spellpower trinket Zandalarian Hero Charm and temporarily put it in my bank. Upon taking it out roughly a week later, I noticed that I have Zandalarian Hero Badge (Armor Trinket). Please help me with recovering this item since it is essential.

its BIS for PvP

Yeah I don’t think they’re changing quest rewards for anyone in classic. You have to click the item you want, and then click the turn in button. 2006 was a different time. Sucks you can’t get ZHC, but you’ll just have to be more careful next time around.

5 Likes

Choices have consequences, more news at 11.

3 Likes

You should have rolled on a PvE server. Sorry bro. PVP solution.

1 Like

I’ve had issues like this before. As long as you submitted the ticket asap an not equip/use trinket you should get it replaced.

If not on the first response maybe another. Keep trying!

Blizzard will not replace the item, their stance has been very clear on this.

6 Likes

Except where it hasn’t, such as loot trading and other instances where people have reported GMs restoring items.

Character & Item Restoration – FAQSource
Eilanai
Blue Poster
#0 - 2006/08/29 03:17:30 PM

Quest Reward Swap

If a player accidentally chooses the wrong quest reward, the Game Master Department may be able to assist with this, as long as the error is reported immediately.

4 Likes

They don’t “restore” items from quests where you picked the “wrong” item. Nothing problematic occurred, it wasn’t deleted, it wasn’t ninja’d, and it didn’t fail to go into your bags.

The same thing happens when people go “Oh man I grabbed the trinket instead of the neck” from the Ony rewards. Blizzard has consistently said “sorry for your loss” and done nothing else. I’ve actually never seen them swap a quest reward out.

1 Like

I’ve only heard anecdotally on these forums other players reporting that GMs have indeed restored or traded items, though I’ve never seen it myself either.

It seems arbitrary to allow limited loot trading for dungeons but not for quest rewards. Or why they might do it for ninjas, but not for AH sniping.

The only thing which should let OP down is the fact that it took so long for him to report the error.

You’re going to find it hard to get anyone to care since you decided to post off a throwaway retail sockpuppet instead of the classic warlock. But it really doesn’t matter, because the Blizzard of today won’t give a crap anyway. They’ll just suspend your Battlenet account when they eventually tire of the tickets.

Feels bad for your choice. While it can be effective to repost a ticket, I would change your attitude of preparing to overwhelm them each and every day.

If you keep spamming them it’s more likely you’ll get a suspension than them changing their policy.
“One week later” tells me that you made a wrong choice, tested and didn’t work out for you.
In such cases a GM won’t help you.

hardly anyone reserves the heart of hakkar anymore. Just run ZG again. It drops every kill.

ah so it was a misclick. i doubt they will do anything, but i wish you good luck.

Isn’t it a quest Item? Can they do it again after completing the quest?
Dunno, maybe if he destroys the item the quest will be available again?
Not sure.
(don’t destroy it if you’re not sure)

looks like it isnt. Ouch.

This is definitely something blizzard can and should solve.

Well if they “fix” it the quest is pointless. Point is to make an informed choice about what you want. Otherwise what’s the point.

3 Likes

I mistakenly chose the wrong rend trinket, I didn’t think it would be as impactful as it is. To be fair though, the zg heart rewards all have a very similar looking icon as each other. It’s an easy mistake to make.