Documenting one year of daily struggle with Blizzard

I mistakenly chose the wrong rend trinket, I didn’t think it would be as impactful as it is. To be fair though, the zg heart rewards all have a very similar looking icon as each other. It’s an easy mistake to make.

Nice to see that you are flooding the ticket queue and wasting GM’s time.

1 Like

Perhaps you should submit just one ticket and wait for a response instead of being belligerent and submitting one ticket per day, which accomplishes nothing other than clogging up the ticket queue.

Who knows, might be the difference between someone deciding to look a week back at logs to help you or saying “nah, not gonna bother, can’t help.”

EDIT: Actually here’s a post from November 2019 in which a mage chose the wrong quest reward (blackhand’s breadth instead of the spell crit one). Blizzard clearly states that they do not swap quest items.

So you’re wasting your time (and other peoples’) submitting multiple tickets.

3 Likes

Blizzard has said over and over they will not fix these types of issues. I know a mage who had a quest auto completer and it selected the melee prebis trinket instead of the mage one. Blizzard won’t fix it.

4 Likes

First instead of trying to lie and claim the trinket magically changed while in your bank, just own up to picking the wrong ticket by accident.

Mistakes like this need to be reported immediately if there is any hope of fixing it at all. A week later is way too long, even if they could help.

In this case, they don’t swap quest rewards. They never did that I remember. Nor would they give you an item that was “ninjad” from you, or that the raid lead messed up Master Loot with.

Here is the policy stating they don’t swap quest rewards. WoW Classic Customer Support and You

This is only going to get you into trouble for abusing the GM ticket system. While you can always put in the ticket to ask, once you get an answer I strongly suggest you stop. They can, and will, suspend you for spamming them on an issue that they have already replied to - and have a clear policy on.

3 Likes

There’s no real reason they can’t fix this at any time. “YoU mAdE a ChOiCe” people in here are clowns.

@everyone saying “Blizz never does this” OP knows.

how about just pay attention next time.

1 Like

Girlfriend, who is not much of a gamer by any stretch, took the armor trinket from the Warlord’s Command quest chain…on her hunter. By her own admission, she did it on purpose because she thought armor was important since hunters got that huge bump after going from leather to mail.

IMMEDIATELY opened a ticket. Never equipped. They will not fix this. It’s abject laziness they refuse to click a couple buttons to help her get her best trinket for multiple raids. 2006 it would have been fixed, 2020 it will not, and I find that to be regrettable.

“Papa Blizzard please hold my hand”.

Actions have consequences. Decisions can’t just be undone. I thought that was part of the appeal of classic versus retail.

1 Like

How many tickets did she submit? Might take a couple of times.

80% of the CS reps I’ve encountered are usless bots. Their responses are scripts that don’t even relate to the issue at hand. Gets infuriating.

But after a few resubmits I eventually get a real human on the line who says “Sure, no problem, just be more careful next time.”

This has just as much laziness engrained in it as the folks who refuse to make a quick swap out. Decisions can’t always be undone, but to pretend they cannot, presumably ever, in a video game is just absurd.

The appeal to classic versus retail was WORKING to gear your character, not being punished for simple human error. I’m not saying anyone needs a hand-holding, I’m saying we need more human interaction and fewer blanket policies that really do hurt the playerbase. She’s not asking for something free, she’s not asking for something she didn’t earn. She’s asking someone to show a little compassion and click a couple buttons.

This absolutely WOULD have been fixed in Vanilla. I know because I actually made the mistake on my druid. I picked the melee crit trinket when I fully intended to click the spell crit trinket. I STILL have the spell crit trinket on that druid.

You are asking for hand holding.

Elaborate. How do you equate a fixable error to hand holding?

Because when you chose your reward you made a freely made choice. It’s entirely possible to mess up and select the wrong reward or to lack information and make a poor choice, but you still made that choice.

Asking blizzard to go back and undo your original choice (mistake or not) is asking for hand holding.

Not even close. Hand holding is walking a player through the game directing their actions and doing most of the heavy lifting for them.

Clicking the wrong box in a moment of excitement or possibly server lag or any number of reasons should not be a permanent punishment.

That is part of the reason game masters even exist. Imperfect system played by imperfect players using imperfect rules. A GM is supposed to be a buffer to that chaos.

1 Like

Before you quote the “during a learning process” part, note this: she is not asking for guidance, she is not asking for help learning her character. You see, she did that on her own. Yes, this is part of the learning process, sure, but this is not the same.

Welp, looks like she gets to roll another hunter if she wants the right trinket. Lesson learned.

1 Like

I particularly like “I got my BIS trinket knowing what it was, then stuck it in my bank for a week without even looking at it or trying to equip it.”

Before you quote the learning process, please totally disregard her learning process. :joy: get real dude.