Doctor Who: Flux

The newest Season of Doctor Who is going along well to say the least and the Villains are very similar to the Great Vampires that Time Lords are supposed to have gotten their Regenerations from…

They also dress in the same clothing as the Timeless Child… Despite the Books suggesting the Other AKA the Doctor was a full Gallifreyan who stole the Vampires’ Regeneration Ability. Of course we could get thrown in for a loop and have it revealed that Swarm is the Timeless Child and that the Doctor is Tecteun.

Of course that would lead to questions on what the Great Vampires actually are and their origins…

I for one suspect Swarm is called Swarm because he is every Dalek on Skaro after Davros gave them the Doctor’s Regeneration abilities. Davros would naturally be the center of the creation.

Of course that would mean there is either a 2nd entity that became the Great Vampire Azure or the Daleks merged into 2 beings(Swarm and Azure) not 1.

The Great Vampires are said to be Avatars of something terrible which appears to be the Flux.

Incidentally either Azure or Swarm’s presence corrupts the Tardis. The Tardis is an Azure Police Box… Azure is probably the Tardis or rather her core… Not hard for the Dalek casings(which would most certainly receive the Regeneration property like the Daleks themselves) on Skaro to merge into a Great Vampire and get her core ripped out by Gallifreyans so that they could reverse engineer her I would say…

The Mistress(The Master in female form) of course when the Daleks cornered her announced that she had a good idea. Not hard for her to infuse her essence into the casings while telling the Daleks that since they couldn’t kill her last time they might as well hand her off to a specific unnamed court on an unnamed Planet to face guaranteed execution.

The Doctor creating Swarm and Missy creating Azure is what I suspect.

The voice ranting “They will not have this!” in response to the Doctor stating that she has come to reclaim what he took is mysterious.

The voice does sound like it could be the Great Intelligence who did infest the Doctor’s Timeline so he could infact be Flux itself which would mean since Swarm and Azure are his Avatars that Davros, the Daleks and the Master’s Evil are also Avatars of the Great Intelligence AKA Doctor Simeon!

Meanwhile, Dr Who’s rating is dropping like a rock. Once you recon The doctor’s origin, you pretty much killed the franchise.

3 Likes

Killing the franchise seemed to be Chris Chibnall’s goal when he took over last season. Nothing against Jodie Whitaker. I’m not bothered by a female Doctor but she just didn’t seem like the zany, quirky character that fans have come to expect over the years. The new companions never seemed to click in the way that Rose, Amy and Clara did. The scripts and/or direction didn’t hit the mark. Russell T. Davies is coming back next season. Hopefully he can get it back on track.

Seems the Doctor is not Tecteun who gets killed by Swarm.

Furthermore Tecteun claims that Universe-1 was an experiment getting scrapped via use of the Virus known as the Doctor whose presence sealed it’s fate. She also claims that Swarm and Azure are tools she was using and was caught off-guard when they showed up(she even claims that they don’t belong in the Division’s headquarters) in front of her to kill her.

The Doctor is about to get her memories restored via a Fob Watch according to the preview for the last Episode of Flux.

Either the Doctor is going to be possessed by the Timeless Child requiring her to somehow separate herself from the newly created Valeyard or it’s going to be revealed that the Doctor split off from the Timeless Child who is Swarm who seeks to destroy the Universe to get revenge upon the Division who experimented on him to create the Time Lord Species for each and every Universe…

Either way the Doctor would naturally be the founder of Universe-1’s Time Lord Race by founding Gallifrey alongside Rassilon and Omega under the name of the Other serving as the Virus serving as the excuse to bring about that Universe’s destruction just so Tecteun can get rid of the Doctor.

Personally I’m a little disappointed, Flux was a good story but over a year and a half waiting only to get the shortest season to date. I like Jodie but Chibnall’s run has produced the fewest episodes with the longest spans between seasons

It’s hard to believe this show is still going so many years later!

The doctor I will always invision when I think about Doctor Who is Tom Baker since he was in the role when I watched it as a kid.

And I can’t forget this theme song either.:smiley:

1 Like

I enjoyed seeing Tom Baker make a guest appearance in The Day of the Doctor 50th anniversary show.

Baker played a great char in the last few seasons of The Monarch of the Glen.

2 Likes

I can’t believe I made it through the season.

This show has become really horrible. It isn’t that Jodie is bad but rather the writing. It seems that the overall theme is “Wokeness at the expense of a good narrative.”

1 Like

I don’t even know if I’d blame it on wokeness. Chibnall and his writers just don’t seem to ‘get’ the Doctor or the dynamic with the companions. Jodie feels like a huge departure (not talking about gender) from what we’ve come to expect from the char since the relaunch of the show.

I don’t know, I don’t really mind The Timeless Child twist itself, when it comes down to it all that really does is take the cap off how many times the Doctor can regenerate, and getting involved with real world historical figures and events has been the Doctors thing since the beginning. Incidentally, blaming things you don’t like on “wokeness” is just lazy. But you are right, Chibnail’s work just doesn’t match up to the previous Doctors, and one of the biggest things that annoys me is the scheduling, even before Covid put production on a slow crawl Jodie’s Doctor has had the fewest episodes per season with the longest breaks between seasons. I’m tired of waiting a full year just to see six to eight episodes

Incidentally it makes the Time Lords and interesting subject as they are the result of Rassilon’s attempt to look like he was sharing his Regenerative Powers with his peers when infact he gave them a limited knockoff created by exposure to the Time Vortex!

He clearly had no intention of ever sharing the secret to his Regeneration Abilities(which came from injecting himself with the Doctor’s DNA) and thus researched a method of Regeneration that provided a Hard Limit to how many times one could Regenerate in order to pass it off as the secret!

Of course this all leads to questions on how the Time Vortex gives Regenerations to Children. There must be a reason Children can gain Regeneration from the Time Vortex while Teens and Adults can’t!

The Master wiped out all of his Species except Rassilon and the Time Lord High Council! I’m sure Rassilon will eventually become grateful once he realizes what the Master had done!

While the Time Lords thought that Rassilon and the Time Lord High Council had no where to go Rassilon(being Tecteun’s associate) clearly had knowledge of the Division and could easily get to the Void and move to the next Galaxy or Time Period without the Doctor knowing so he is active!

The Doctor’s chief archenemies are the Master, Davros, Rassilon and the Great Intelligence(especially the last two).

Not quite, as far as I know Rassilon and Tectuin were never associates and there was no evidence I saw that Rassilon knew The Child or The Division even existed. He might have, Rassilon was, but just because he was The Emperor doesn’t necessarily mean he saw the Players in the Shadows. Regardless, even if he did know Tectuin and the Timeless Child Rassilon was long dead when the Division decided to retire the Child and turn him into The Doctor, there was no way he could have known the two were the same being. As for exactly how the Vortex gives Regeneration to children, it doesn’t, they never said anywhere that the Time Vortex and Time Lord Regeneration is connected

Melody Pond AKA River Song got Regeneration just from being born in the Tardis while it was traveling through the Time Vortex!

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/A_Good_Man_Goes_to_War_(TV_story) also states that Time Lords are created via exposure to the Untempered Schism.

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Founders_of_Gallifrey mentions that the Script for Timeless Children(http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scripts/doctor-who-s12-ep10-the-timeless-children.pdf) says that Tecteun’s 2 associates were possibly Rassilon and Omega.

It seemed like they had no idea what to do with her, so they made her seem like a "bumbling scatter-brained Dr. Who. It was very odd.

I really even liked Capaldi, he added some class to the role, but this new doctor was so difficult for me to get through.

1 Like