Do you want to treat symptoms or the disease?

That showed it isn’t.

3 Likes

He didn’t mean what you think he meant. He isn’t saying dispelling is a bannable offense, but that the fact this is a talking point at all speaks volumes about how unhealthy world buffs have proven to be.

2 Likes

Come TBC the world buffs will be gone.

Or really how, “You think you do, but you don’t,” rings true.

No, actually it just proves that people come to the forums to complain. And this is the flavor of the month.

6 Likes

The Blue Post

Kaivax is saying that dispelling World Buffs IS NOT A BANNABLE OFFENSE.

The GM was in the wrong to ban the player dispelling World Buffs.

1 Like

What is context. At no moment did they label it as griefing, they said that it didn’t match the original client.

Welcome to warts and all, bro. AKA Classic. There are no world buffs in TBC.

But it doesn’t ring true, does it? I’m still here. This game is vastly better than retail in everything except raiding.

And world buffs, apprently. :^)

World buffs are fine, it is a raiding problem. Kronos didn’t remove them, just disabled them within raids.

Also Loved Captain Grim’s Machinima on it. (Got any world buffs sniffs)

3 Likes

Sounds like a change not present in vanilla. There’s a bracket now for warcraftlogs, find a guild that fits your speed.

1 Like

TBC IS ON THE WAY!

1 Like

TBC and Wrath, the better versions :smile:

As much as I love Classic, can’t wait for TBC/Wrath servers when/if they come.

3 Likes

TBC arena is sooo good. I like wrath too, but TBC > Wrath for one reason only… No Death knights ruining my caster play.

TBC arena > Wrath Arena agreed. Everything else Wrath > TBC (with one exception… the removal of Naxx 40… still salty about it… hope one day in Retail they can add a bronze dragon to all zones affected by the Cataclysm so you can go back to them, same with dungeons that were butchered like Deadmines and UBRS).

1 Like

Then, it’s possible that World Buffs in Classic is better than no World Buffs in Retail.

Watching the guild coordination discord on grobbulus blow up after alliance did that was very entertaining. Brings back memories of phase 1 PvP. Some ppl just don’t understand.

Edit: fixed

Classic is not a game whose rules get changed “to improve Classic”.

Many players DO NOT WANT the Blizzard changes, which changed Vanilla in to TBC into…eventually, BFA. That is why Classic exists – to let players play the old game WITHOUT “changes to improve it”.

3 Likes

Not being able to grief an enemy with offensive dispels contradicts the notion of the focus of a PvP realm.Does it not?Perhaps it is disingenuous or cruel act of behavior, but that is how the game was originally designed.People such as whoever the suspect is that continuously offensively dispelled has been punished by a crime that is without a doubt a form of harassment or grief, but that doesn’t ignore the fact that those individuals that this all started with are playing on a “PvP” realm.Such an awkward situation to be in by following how the game has been built to be then become punished.This speaks in volumes of how this community has become along with the GM’s.I’m not siding on anyones behalf, but this whole situation is just weird to me having played this game since 2005 while still playing to this day.