Do you think the Time Dungeon this week is normal?

Did a bunch of timewalking last night and holy cow. Massive yoyo damage spikes on anyone in melee including sometimes the tank themselves.

It’s VERY unusual for someone to die in a TW for me and this absolutely stood out as a problem to the extend that we stopped for a moment and discussed what was going on as a group, you know how rare it is for people to talk to eachother in a random these days?

I found myself sitting on my shield + instants and conserving them for those moments when a party member got absolutely chunked.

Gosh the forums have really gone to trash lately. All these predictable ‘you suck’ or whatever posts pointed at OP are just massively rolleyes.

Maybe they are trying to stop chain pulling but it’s not being perceived that way.

2 Likes

That is how it always has been. The Completion is like double a normal.

Timewalking was basically a heroic in DF, this one seems to be tuned to be like a normal since everything is dying so fast and it only drops ilvl 554 gear.

I was gonna do them last night but the rewards are 554? And the quest reward is something like 593 so nothing it could drop would be an upgrade so thankfully I can skip it.

Maybe this weekend if I get bored I’ll run them on a alt.

Tanked 5 time walking dungeons last night, had no issues.

I did 5 timewalking and it was facerolled all 5 of them

I’ve been healing and before I was level 80, the tanks seemed kinda squishy. (shouldn’t matter in TW bkz we’re scaled to 30?) When I hit 80, we were dying in 3 hits or so. It was crazy. I was using cd’s on trash, and then the boss wouldn’t be too bad.

Things die fast, but every now and then something will 1 shot randomly.

1 Like

I died at the start of Shattered Halls, then realized I should look at the screen occasionally instead of youtube…

Last boss in blood furnace lol. Saw some nerd rage earlier this morning because of that dude lol. Blizzard doing some of that fine tuning overnight probably :crazy_face:

No, its not.

Mobs are giving virtually no XP so that probably 95%+ of the xp comes from completion.

yerah was tanking some today and sometimes even just one pull of mobsd woul;d just smack me for 50-60% of my hp so i was definitely having to pop defensives. seemed weird the mobs died almost instantly but could also nearly instantly kill us.

It has literally been this way for all time walking since Timewalking became a thing. IT gives double the completion reward hence why it is good for leveling.

What dungeons were you doing?

Some of the dungeons have bugged mobs, specifically the wolves on Hellfire Ramparts. They will sometimes one-shot the group.

I have noticed that the damage is pretty high, I actually really don’t like healing these timewalking dungeons as sometimes people just melt instantly, or someone will pull many packs thinking it is fine and then just die incredibly quickly. Only been through a few wipes though, most of the time it is pretty manageable but there are definitely severe damage spikes

I do also find it strange that almost every dungeon has different scaling, like the later BC dungeons everyone has higher stats, and the older ones people will have very low stats. I guess this is to replicate the kind of gear people had in a way at certain patches maybe? But for example, tanks in underbog have like 6-8k hp, and tanks in magister’s terrace can have like 13k hp with fortitude buff

I’m not sure how you’re tank was rolling, but I did just one, so far, and it was Botanica.

I highly doubt the tank ever ran it before, and when asked, didn’t say anything. They pulled multiple packs like this was a breeze and trying to surge ahead. Needless to say, many deaths. But hey it wasn’t until Thorngrin that I think they finally got the message that you can’t pull as large.

They pulled the two packs and the boss at the same time. shakes head

I knew it was insta death, but still tried to heal through it.

Like my dude, if you’ve never been someplace, there’s no harm in saying so, or asking about how to run it faster; just don’t take everyone down with you.

Mobs gave me maybe 20% of a bar, if that.

I’ve leveled during TW before and it’s never been that small. Mobs giving ~100xp has never been a thing.

Ok well whatever champ… Whatever helps the ork inside.

Sure thing, bud.

Others are sharing my same experience.