Do you think Shaman

First, I’ll just take a second to point out the irony of calling me a liar about being
multi-glad when I’ve never said this. I’ve told you before you have me confused with someone else. More than one person plays on EU… Unless you want to link to where I ever made this claim. Go on I’ll wait.

Second, I play both a druid and a shaman, so I tend to read those posts more often. You also just happen to spend a ridiculous amount of time whining in those two sub-forums. You aren’t nearly special enough to follow.

prove it and go away.

Thank you for proving the toddler reference accurate.

okay brodanyo

1. Except… you know, when they literally tell people lol
  2. Probably half the problem
  3. (citation needed) You’re happy to say no one knows what anyone plays, but you also claim to KNOW that no one hates anything, lol. I don’t know what flavor of ice cream you eat, but I know you don’t hate any. See the problem with that statement?
  4. That’s probably a symptom of the problem tbh
  5. That’s somewhat true, but leaves a few possible scenarios one can deduce:
    5a. Blizzard allocates resources to all classes equally and those allocated to Shaman
    seem to just do worse than others.
    5b. Blizzard allocates resources to all classes equally but for some reason Shaman
    would require more resources than other classes to develop successfully.
    5c. Blizzard does not allocate resources equally and what is being allocated to Shaman
    has been insufficient.

I don’t see any reason to assume those working on Shaman are particularly lacking aptitude (given as you say, there are not fixed devs per class anymore) nor do I see a reason to think Shaman ought to be significantly more difficult than any other class in particular (in fact I would think things like Hunter (due to pets) or Druid (having 4 specializations) would be the particularly difficult classes). This leaves option C, which is what Shây said.

This is called the principle of charity. By default I assume the positive interpretation of someone’s actions and wait for evidence to prove me wrong.

Also this is Hanlon’s Razor. Never assume malice when the action can be explained by ignorance/incompetence.

I chose to believe the devs are making a mistake and await evidence to believe they actively hate one class and are sabotaging it on purpose. The burden of proof should rest on the person who assumes bad motives of another. I honestly think people defaulting to bad interpretations of another’s action, without supporting data, is a major problem in society today.

Other than point #3, and to a lesser extent point #1, your points have merit.

Point 1 is contentious because I doubt every dev tells us EVERYTHING they play. So this point is undermined if devs exist who don’t post this information. How would we know information we aren’t provided? And even if dev 1 says they play class x and y, that doesn’t mean they ONLY play class x and y.

I mean if your entire point is just trying to say blizzard devs arent maliciously, actively hating on shamans and instead are just incompetent, im not gonna argue.

That’s honestly most of it.

They are probably going to to release it last so that there is less time for the shaman community to figure out why resto druids are being given a melee interupt and we are literally getting nothing useful.

Personally I’m looking forward to being bottom of the barrel again for keys, low expectations keep life simple.

2 Likes

They already said Shaman is next to be released.

6 Likes

Whoever told you to play resto shaman in BFA lied to you. Resto shaman 3min CDs healed for less than than their 30 second cds. They were hot garbage.

Don’t say link either was a thing. Every healer had link with that Azerite Power you got from the second raid.

Thanks Noxyll, I had missed that announcement

1 Like

I’m familiar with Hanlon’s, and while I agree I would point out Occam’s and that a lack of evidence is not itself evidence.

I.e Yes there’s no particular statement that a particular dev hates a particular class, but you’re still left with conclusions of either incompetence or malice. Given what I said in #5, I would argue it is also potentially charitable to say there is a dislike of or ignorance toward a class rather than incompetence, as one would reasonably assume that someone making it to a job in class design in one of the top MMO’s for the last 15 years or so must surely be quite competent.
Given this reasonable assumption of competence, and Occam’s razor, I consider it fair to rule out incompetence.

Your argument to point #1 is fair, I didn’t mean to say that the class/classes played by every dev is known, but that there are plenty who have provided that information across various places. And this particular class gets harped on (perhaps unfairly because his role doesn’t actually tie directly to class design per se) because of Ion having said he plays a shaman.

Going back to #2, I feel like it would probably help if there were at least some devs that were tasked to a specific class/spec that also play that specific class/spec, as it would kill off a significant portion of this thread’s concerns/allegations.

2 Likes

I definitely could have been fed bad intel. I was wanting resto Druid and was told to go basically anything else. I recall holy paladin and disc were awesome.

1 Like

I agree with this. Thanks for the well thought out reply.

I think deciding whether its malice or incompetence is not the part that matters.

1 Like

Druids were done first because they have 4 specs. They needed to know if the new system could work with the most complex class.

After that it looks like the did the easiest classes first.

Shaman is a complex class. Lots of buttons and the ranged / melee specs make it a challenge.

Resto Druid is 100% a favored class, but not the rest. I mean Feral? Ha.

Sham will be ok.

So my 2 cents. This all started with the bus shock incident if you dont know what it is google wow bus shock.

Ever since them we have been the redheaded stepchild. They removed our good defensive cd that we could use in pvp Shamanistic rage this defensive could be used in a stun and reduced all damage taken by 30%. Blizzard nerfed FS so it no longer had a stun and reduced the healing they did until just removing the healing fs did and reduced the damage. We were left with 1 defensive cd that couldn’t be used in stun and a pvp talent cd that would make it so we couldn’t take melee dmg couldn’t attack but anyone with a spell could still hit us. Ion himself said that blizzard was not going to give shamans another defensive back because they considered Ankh a defensive and the skill to using it was knowing when to use it at the right time.

They nerfed wf and then gave us a talent so that wf could be ok in dmg but we had to take the talent they gave us Ascendance and it was baseline then removed it to be a talent. They stripped us of our totems which many people loved and made them cosmetic which to me at is a why bother I loved having totems to use that actually helped the group we were in. Blizzard took a spell that was part of our class identity and made sure we were brought and shared it to hunters and mages so you did not have to bring a shaman. Blizzard removed part of our class identity when they removed totems gave another part of our identity to mages and hunters by giving them blood lust.

They continually treat us like we are the red headed stepchild and its very very frustrating not to see it as anything but Malice. If you look at what they have done to Shamans as a hole and Enhancement yea no doubt about it is Malice. The game director plays Resto and that is the only spec that seems to be consistently decent.

I some what agree but looking at everything done to this class yea Malice is the key word.

I can agree but when looked at the pattern of behavior blizzard has shown towards Shamans sorry I cant see them being that incompetent/stupid. At some point you just have to say they have malice towards this class.

I will also sight at the start of bfa a turbo group wow a pvp tournament thanks to the enhancement shaman healing. So blizzard nerfed Enhancement Shaman healing which is our only sustain for the whole of the expansion for every aspect. Not just pvp just a blanket nerf to our healing.

2 Likes

I hope they do bring back the talents that give us more armor, avoidance and parry like we had back in the day.

Shields should give damage reduction case closed. Also unpurgeable.

2 Likes