Do you ship Emberthal with Ebyssian? Why or why not?

I just played through the 10.1 story and I gotta say, I reallllly like the idea of shipping Emberthal with Ebyssian. I doubt they will make it a canon thing just because they steer clear of acknowledging romance in-game. But maybe we’ll see a short story of them together some time.

Do you ship them? Why or why not?

1 Like

No.
Relationships aren’t terribly interesting in Warcraft, and there’s a massive power dynamic difference between the two to begin with.

13 Likes

I don’t.

Reason I say that is the relationship between them feels more like good friends vibes and that’s ok.

8 Likes

I don’t I hope Ebyssian could do better.

dragons seem too old to get it up

1 Like

No.

I like their relationship of mutually gained respect turned friendship. Romance in WoW is often terribly written and I think the power and importance of strong friendship is often overlooked in favor of romance in a lot of storytelling.

3 Likes

No, sorry.

Like, I think I would ship her more with another female Dracthir over Ebyssian.

Seems like a very odd pairing. He’s a supportive mentor with uncle/grandpa vibes.

8 Likes

Nope. I would call them respected and trusted friends than prospective lovers.

2 Likes

No, because I’m not a deviant pervert.

I also believe that beings CAN work together without a sexual hookup. I know it’s a strange attitude for an American to take.

5 Likes

No, I don’t care for WOW’s story, but I know well that WOW will never tip their toes into a deep, complex relationship.

1 Like

I don’t ship characters at all. The whole concept seems kinda weird to me.

I guess if I had to imagine what Blizzard would do, I think they’d be more likely to invent an all-new character for Emberthal (probably from whatever new weyrn of leftovers she’s making) instead of pairing her with Ebyssian, who’d also likely get a new character made for him. I never got the vibe that they had any romantic feelings for anybody before now.

5 Likes

Something about that pairing just feels like it would be wrong. It’s the estranged son of Emberthal’s slavemaster we’re talking about after all.

I also don’t see any romance between the two, but I really have to note that sex isn’t the cornerstone of all romance. Asexual relationships are a thing that exist.

6 Likes

meh, I wouldn’t complain if it happens but i’m not exactly holding my breath

This.

Men should not receive sexual favors for simply being emotional support during a difficult phase in a woman’s life. This is one of the most perverse and sexist logics that exist.

Furthermore, demystifying the sexual content of friendship between men and women is one of the best ways to deconstruct sexism in the long run.

3 Likes

I’ve never even shipped John Steed and Emma Peel.

1 Like

As do purely professional ones.

1 Like

In short, people can have a heart to heart and not be romantically involved.

4 Likes

No.
Because not every pair of characters who share a close bond of friendship needs to be a romantic couple.

6 Likes