Do you not get a rating from solo queue shuffles?

Can you upgrade conquest gear from doing just solo queue shuffles or they are just for fun skirms?

They’re for rating

After all 6 rounds are completed, players will earn or lose rating based on the results. So, a player who wins all 6 rounds will earn more rating than a player who only wins 3 rounds.

So can you actually upgrade conquest gear from just doing this?

Id assume so yes.

Damn it looks like we are all wrong:

" We’re approaching this idea carefully as adding a new format to PvP is a big commitment. Our intent is to implement this idea as a PvP Brawl first, so we can experiment with the format, discover any problems, and receive your feedback. If the format is well-received during the brawl, we can dig into the plan for rating changes, dealing with people abandoning the match, how the ladder will work, and rewards. This article is the first step in that process so please share your thoughts with us in our forums or @WarcraftDevs on Twitter."

So no rating. Just another dumb brawl. Does blizzard even listen to us?

1 Like

I mean it’s a completely new system. Kinda makes sense to test it first before launching a new rated bracket with seasonal rewards.

1 Like

Thats what a ptr is for. Kind of sucks this won’t be rated til 10.0 if that. A lot on council assume it won’t be even rated until 10.1

1 Like

Is it though? I feel like pvp content needs a much larger player test then what would occur on the ptr.

Also what’s the difference? Either they test it on the ptr and release it in 10.0 or they test it on live and release it in 10.0

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why would you want a rated arena that is not and never will be balanced?

And it will promote one-shot builds from the FoTM Specs that can?

1 Like

Was hoping for another source to be able to upgrade 9.2 conquest gear. Arena sucks cause it takes so long to find people in LFG.

Hmmm depends dude. 2s are usually easier to find people. I usually just start a group and chill for a few minutes until someone signs up.

What class are you trying to do arena with?

People have been asking for solo queue nearly as long as arena has existed.

Other games do it, wow for some reason is “special”

1 Like

Their game isn’t homogeneous enough. That’s probably the biggest reason.

I also think they’ve wanted to preserve the social aspect of forming groups and such across all forms of the game. It’s why there’s no solo queue for mythic plus and higher raid difficulties.

Imo.

Other games that have solo rated aren’t homogenous either. The only excuse is the “social aspect”.

But we really shouldn’t let that get in the way of gameplay, you can’t FORCE people to be social, some will always be loners.

Others will be just as social now as they would have been in classic when everything was manual grouping.

1 Like

I really haven’t played much of elder scrolls or gw2.

Final fantasy is pretty close. The different roles play the same more or less overall. Classes get gutted in pvp to an extent and there isn’t much if any variety in ccs and such.

Lost ark is the same from what I’ve witnessed in game. Their pvp is based around bursts and ccs like current wow but there isn’t a ton of variety either. Some classes have more types of stuns and super armors but all the classes play the same. Differences being melee vs ranged, a couple classes are ‘healers’, some tanking than others, etc.

I’m just basing this off my limited time in these games but wow pvp is a lot more comp focused than those other two. Definitely when you’re looking at ffxiv. I haven’t played enough of lost ark.

Plus, rated pvp starts around level 30 for those games so the time investment is so little it works really well for solo queue.

WoW pvp isn’t super comp focused until higher ratings honestly, and at that point you’d probably want to have a team.

I really don’t feel like limiting solo queue because people might need specific comps past X rating is really that feasible.

Honestly, one of the best ways to bring in solo queue might be to bring back 5v5

1 Like