Do You Mod Your UI? What Would You Like For WoW's UI?

I do have a ui mod. No you don’t have to use a mod to modify your ui if you don’t want to.

SWTOR’s ui is terrible.

1 Like

I don’t use Elvui either. I’m happy sticking with the collection of mods I have.

1 Like

Answer 1: No

Answer 2: Only if you want to

1 Like

My addons are TRP3, recount, and DBM. I don’t mess with my bars because I like the default UI… prefered it more before they cut the bottom in half >.>

1 Like

I’m struggling to think of what parts of my ui that I havnt changed.

1 Like

People seem disgusted with me because I don’t want DBM tellling me what to do.

You can alter it in every way just by default. I made mine just like WoW with a few key changes.

I used a bunch of add ons:

Bartender 4 for cast bars and such
TItan Panel (top bar only) for information (gold, repairs, currency info, etc).
Mik’s Scrolling Battle Text for damage stuff
Sexy Map

I love the fact I can set up 1 main character then log onto an alt and copy everything within a minute. Everything is in the same place on all 11 level 120’s.

Just have to switch a few spells and such around but thats it.

1 Like

This is like saying using a ferrari is a crutch to go fast, everyone who doesn’t drive a mini-cooper is a less capable driver.

It’s completely non-sequitur.

Your skillset as someone who doesn’t use addons is different than someone who does; but those parts of it that people who use addons don’t have, they also dont need and wouldn’t benefit from, since they never have to play wow without addons. It’s a self-imposed detriment.

The game plays just like WoW, and WoW kind of played like EQ. A Blizzard employee told me that their devs were all playing EQ and said “we can do this” and here is WoW. Similarly, BioWare got a lot of gameplay decisions made for it by WoW. It’s the IP people care about, I think SWTOR was a reverse engineer of WoW’s game play but made with 2011 tech so they were much more free technologically.

The real tragedy of the SWTOR game UI is the absolutely unreadable default font.

I use the base UI but my addon makes it darker to help with focusing and rearranged the bar with Help etc. and the bags slightly. Changed the font to something more cool to look at, I made the background color of my chat box 100% black and not transparent, and I use that addon that makes the minimap look awesome. So not that terribly different. It works very well for my purposes.
If I’m playing on a Roleplay realm I have TRP3 enabled.

I use DBM always to help me out during content and I use Recount but I normally keep it off my UI unless I need to record stuff. Handynotes I began to use recently to help me track down the treasures and rares of 8.3.

1 Like

I don’t use any of the default ui. Not even for classic.

I’m very minimal, I only have unit frames, name plates and the mini map visible. I don’t even turn on chat unless I hear someone has messaged me.

Only spells with cooldowns are visible. I really don’t like taking up space that’s not required.

For healers, unit frame addons give a huge advantage that I would never live without.

I need TomTom in the game. With all the coordinates on WoWhead, and the nightmarish paste coordinates for finding rare mobs such as Frightened Kodo, the void fragments in Uldum that let you become a rare mob, or Camel Hoarder, these almost can’t even reasonably be done without mods. I’ve tried and given up.

And I need to be able to make lists just like the lists for hunters’ pets of pets and/or mounts. The random pet or random mount aren’t enough.

Addons i use:
Dbm
Raider io
Mdt
Tellmewhen
Skada
Pet breeds
Rematch

None of those alter base ui too much. tmw probably does the most, and all that does is give me bigger prompts/timers

Edit: and tomtom!!

1 Like

When I came back to WoW I was playing on a potato that got me about 16 fps in Boralus. I get about 55 now on a different PC and would like to stay there.

1 Like

I dont use addons, voice com, or macros, because I consider it cheating and weak. My awareness is like non other. I sometimes even hide all ui and keep mentally counting all my cooldowns. I keep practicing like this until Shadowlands and start make some PvP videos after getting gear. I will be The Beast.

2 Likes

Don’t use addons that use much cpu. There’s really not that many that do.

1 Like

I use the Classic UI addon and Move Anything so that my two side bars are stacked right above the default bars in the lower center of my screen.

1 Like

zperl babyyyy
I love being able to customize my UI.

2 Likes

I use elvui, details and raiderio. I mainly use elvui because it looks nice and is fully customizable. Its basically an overhaul of the entire ui like unitframes, text, windows, etc. Forgot about deadly boss mod.

1 Like

Zperl
Details
Bartender
Sexy Map
World quest lists
Postal
Prat
Bagnon
DBM

I think there are more, but those are off the top of my head. They’re all quality of life addons for me when I play. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like