Do you know why there's no feral druids in the MDI?

I think there was a feral druid in the MDI, they ran without any soulbind as a meme. It may have been some other event, I don’t keep track of which is which.

1 Like

Why would you want all the classes to have zero identity?

What’s the difference between a Outlaw Rogue and a Sub Rogue if both do the same damage with the same tactics in order to keep things “Balanced”?

1 Like

there is an identity. What,

1 Like

I think you’re really pretty.

2 Likes

Being restricted by spec?

1 Like

Well that’s a false dichotomy.

Perfect balance isn’t really the ask, skill mattering more than spec choice is.

1 Like

you’re saying we should… bring the player not the class?

2 Likes

I could have sworn i saw 1.

1 Like

Right…

It is kind of a fair question if looked at in the bigger picture. If feral druids have always been in the basement for every expansion, then it is a problem. Every expansion players look to see what will be the top dog and rapidly change to the favored spec of the moment.

My personal take is that the design has been all wrong for a long time. The type of players who look and think, “I want to be a kitty, I want to prowl and claw and be petted” may not, as a whole, be the type of player who has to serve such punishing mechanics to get those jacked up numbers. I think that feral druid should have been one of the easiest classes/specs to play all along: then many players would be a lot happier.

Frankly as someone who plays a lot of a Rogue I am super happy with where Outlaw is at this expansion.

Outlaw was basically the only viable choice for M+ and half of raid for all of BFA. That it’s taking some time off for the previously most unplayed spec to get some time in the sun is a great thing.

Here’s to hoping we see Outlaw get turned into a tank spec so I can tank and dps on one of my favorite classes.

Feral obviously needs a lot of help. Berserk is bad even with all this borrowed power. Blood talons is designed very poorly. Core abilities like thrash have no DPE reason to ever be cast. Brutal Slash replacing Swipe makes it a backhanded choice. Primal Wrath not being it’s own dot is poor in comparison to Crimson Tempest. There’s no Feral cleave equivalent to Subterfuge. on and on. Throw in “not having nearly as good utility as a moonkin” just to twist the knife.

But those kind of fixes require an expansion and not a .5 patch.

1 Like