Do you "identify" with any of the Community Council members?

The thing you may not be understanding about the “council” is it is compromised of many different backgrounds. I’m not there to make a case for you or the way you play the game. I’m there to represent people who play the game in a similar way I do, so yes I will not be advocating for something YOU want, but it may be for what someone else wants. I’m sure there’s people on the council who do have a stance similar to you and that’s awesome and the exact purpose of the council.

We’re not a group, we’re individuals with different specialties/areas of expertise in how we play the game. So no reason to use words like “They’re” to portray we’re all the same.

1 Like

I think “always” is too strong a term. Yes the system can be abused; but no one will stay in a guild if the leader is abusing their power in such a way. In a lot of cases (including non-CE guilds) this can be a very useful system. But it is also not mandatory.

can you please join basil/pros in how to address boosting/gold selling? if you all post on the council, perhaps blizz will have no choice but to do something that actually will help the game in the long run. solution: make it AGAINST tos to advertise boosts anywhere in game. easy fix. please advocate for this and you will see new players and even returning players again <3 also, individuals do NOT matter, it’s the GROUP as a whole that matters. <3 let these third party boosters advertise in private on discords

I’m on board.

uhhhhhh… not on board

I mean, if you participate in something that is against the ToS, even if you are the buyer, then you should get banned.

My interpretation of this comment was she was referring to us as individual members of the council, versus the council as a whole - not the boosting service.

I’ll be clear.

I am 100% against advertising boosts in game.
I am 100% for the council members as a group and as individuals.

let me clarify: wow was meant for group content, not about individual. it’s the group that clears raids, not individuals. same should apply for cc members; providing data that is relevant to the GROUP rather than post about the individual needs ( i.e. glyphs, cosmetics) you read GD and there are 3 top issues: boosts/gold selling, MT difficulty, and empty realms.

I totally get that, and I’m not suggesting your post be removed or that you don’t have a voice. What I am saying is since there’s no possible way for anyone other than the council to post their opposition or downvote, all Blizzard will look at is the initial suggestion OP and the number of likes. They’re not going to read the entire thread. That’s why people are calling it an echo chamber. So unless a different council member makes an opposing post, your post is the entirety of the subject Blizzard will see.

This is the crux of the ML problem in the first place. If it can be abused by players, then all player agency dealing with that system should be removed. Otherwise, someone will end up getting screwed. The only way I’d agree with any form of ML returning would be if Blizzard implemented themselves a DKP auction system that took the decision out of any player’s hands.

I think it is up to individuals to bring up issues that they perceive to be relevant in the game, for the group to discuss and suggest improvements to bring them to blizzards attention. Due to the nature of the council, not every post will resonate with every player. Thats ok.

As for these, a boosting post just went up - there have been a few posts about MT already, though perhaps it could be discussed more - and I play on Vek’Nilash. It’s pretty dead. I’ve been collecting info over the last few days about the pains of playing on small servers to be able to make an informative post about the topic. I’d love to hear more input about it from the community as well if anyone wants to reach out to me.

Is there a way that you can add a downvote for these posts? i sort of agree with lustrois: more opposing posts rather than all the members voting yes, would be nice. would deffo build some loyalty and give some faith in the CC.

i would love to reach out to you! want to chat on discord sometime? =D

That’s why it’s up to other cc members to step up and post about it. Also I genuinely hope they are reading the whole thread because otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of the council.

1 Like

yaaaaas! bababoey gets it! OTHER cc members need to step up and add their voice.

Sure - dm me your info on twitter? (I dont think I can or should post discord info here)

See, ^ this " I " part is where a lot of casuals and GD’ers might take an issue, since the CC is “supposed” to be voicing concerns from the average player.

Most casual players seem to view Master Looter as the type of thing where the Guild Master simply hands loot to his own personal friends/buddies, his under-performing girlfriend that’s just tagging along - basically the usual “nepotism” or “favoritism” scenarios that are typically frowned upon by the general public.

Master Looter was obviously removed for a reason, and I imagine one of those reasons was all the constant tickets/increased workload that GMs had to deal with as casuals frequently put in tickets regarding those exact types of unfair scenarios involving loot I described above.

1 Like

<3 I try!

If you have any other thoughts or ideas I havent brought up that you think I should cover please let me know! (That goes for everyone too, ofc :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

im curious…how is the boosting/goldselling not an issue that ALL council members can get behind? casual or hardcore, the issue is there. make it tos to advertise in game for boosting/goldselling. ezpz fix

mate, i will deffo work with you and pros and hopefully will respect/cheer on other members who address real issues, rather than say ‘i only give feedback for players who play like me’ when this issue affects all levels of the game.

But if it happens that out of 100 people on the council, 85% of them agree on a subject, that doesn’t necessarily reflect the population as a whole. The dataset is far too small. Allowing downvotes should have been a key element in that forum.

It would be nice if they did, but unless it’s a hotly debated topic or has a high response count, it’s unlikely they’ll make it past the OP.

1 Like

since the CC is “supposed” to be voicing concerns from the average player.

That’s not true, the CC is supposed to be voicing concerns from many different parts of the player base. This was explicitly stated when they announced the council. Blizzard already has feedback from wowhead, general forums, reddit and all types of “mass” feedback, it’s a safe assumption more targeted feedback would be aimed for, no?