Do you have a favorite Godzilla?

This could be for movies or just the design of Godzilla. This dang Kaiju has been one of my hyperfixations since I was a kid. So now with all the stuff we’re getting lately I’m kinda back on that Goji Train.

I think my fav movie and design is still Final Wars. He just looks like a angy kitten with his face and ears. The movie itself is just fun. I know folks like the serious Godzillas. They’re great. But sometimes Fun Godzilla just hits the spot for me. As much as I love the fight with him and Zilla, I do still think Zilla should be allowed to hang out with the other Godzillas. We bullied that lizard enough. ( And his son was awesome anyway in the cartoon )

Man but then you got the 80s / 90s Godzilla. That was a good series too. The Destoroyah movie is still one of my top favs as well. I still cry like a baby during it.

The Minus 1 Godzillas fun too. I just giggle a little because he’s quite smol compared to the others. Tiny but ANGRY. Like a dang regenerating Pomeranian or something.

If we’re just talking Godzilla, then probably the 1998 film. I particularly enjoyed Jean Reno’s character. If we are more generalized with regards Kaiju, I thought Pacific Rim was a hoot. Also I just remembered an early computer game, The Creature that ate Sheboygan which was ‘fun’ because, as the monster, you tried to destroy as much as you could before you were killed by the national guard, army, helicopters and mad scientists.

Fav Kaiju - Lizzie from Rampage

Fav kaiju movie - Cloverfield

Fav actual Godzilla movie - Godzilla vs Megalon, because I’ve seen it the most times. Pretty sure we got that vhs from the $2 bin at Walmart back in the day, with other gems such as Hercules Against the Moon Men, lol.

Megalon was one of my first godzilla movies after I saw the Zilla movie. So I got a big ol soft spot for it

That’s my favorite Godzilla movie for the same reason. It’s what introduced me to him. My mom got me the blow up Godzilla from the 80s and I used to sleep with it (please don’t turn this into something dirty. I was like 8.)

But my favorite model, just going on pure looks, is the one from Godzilla: King of Monsters. I think they did a good job.

I do like the legendary Godzilla too so good choice.

Felt kinda cool watching that version of Godzilla get a sort of nod of approval from Toho and Japan.

He’s just a good chonky boi

1 Like

I personally think Godzilla Minus One had best designs. I wasn’t crazy with dorsal plates being so jaggy, but now I am slowly growing to like it. I personally don’t know I feel about Godzilla new look in GxK.

Godzilla Minus One was an incredible movie and should be watched by non-Kaiju fans as well. It was a great return to storytelling about post-WW II Japan and what Godzilla represented to them.

I also happen to be a fan of the new Legendary universe as well. Monarch has been a wonderful series and it was great seeing the green guy in it.

1 Like

I think the only Godzilla I didn’t really like was the one where Godzilla is the bad guy and Baragon, Mothra and Ghidorah are the good guys.

I totally understand why this Godzilla / Film is like this. I just think Baragon is too precious and feel bad seeing them killed

My favorite Godzilla designs? MireGoji, BioGoji, KiryuGoji, MonsterVerse Goji, Minus One Goji, and MosuGoji.