Do potion's that raise stealth detection have any use?

In the current game i have seen these potions that raise stealth detection but i have never used one and i was wondering if they would be useful in a BG or something like that. outside of pvp these would be useless but maby they would help see a rogue sheathed by not having to get as close to them. if anyone has used one and has any info i would really like to hear. TY :slight_smile:

Considering most classes with stealth can safely stay at 12 yrds+ I’d argue no

1 Like

Here’s a comparison of stealth detection with and without Elixir of the Searching Eye. The range is a little better but i wouldn’t bother unless you are a hunter. track hidden gives you a similar detection range increase so stacking the two gives you a decent detection radius.

https://imgur.com/a/1Y1ac5c
1 Like

Here is the stealth detection of a hunter with track hidden and the elixir equipped. The tar trap is just the range of just track hidden enabled.

https://imgur.com/a/gJYZJjJ

1 Like

I would say that they are extremely helpful but in a niche way. There is a couple of reasons that I think makes them super useful, but really only to certain classes. The main deciding factor is using them as a stealth class, the other variable is to use it in a small/condensed area of fighting. Of course you can still get use out of the potion regardless of your class or wherever you’re fighting.

The only time I’ve ever found these potions to be incredibly useful was with Warmode on in The Maw. Just the usual fighting going on right outside the refuge but I had a couple of stealthies targeting me (Rogue/Feral, Rogues hate other Rogues idk why? And Convoke out of stealth was pwning me). The Rogue was spam emoting me, even went as far as to rename a battle pet to 'Illmurderyouirl" or some crazy shenanigans like that… so I knew I had to step my “piss you off even more” game up! :joy: Anyhow, when I would use these potions it took little effort to find either of them in stealth, and then all that was left was to expose them! Nothing quite as frustrating as being sapped out of stealth!

Demon hunters are the only class that’s going to detect you in stealth. Hunter stealth detection is broken and hasn’t worked in 2 expansions. Hunters Mark does nothing and isn’t even on most hunters action bars.

If you are fae covenant and used sepsis that will knock you out of stealth when it wears off. A lot of other buffs will knock you out of stealth as well. Hunters detecting rogue is a thing long past regardless of what the tooltips tell you.

Hunter track hidden still works. If you stack Elixir of the searching eye (from BC) and catseye elixir (from classic) you can get a 15 yard detection range. Both do not have a CD and last 20mins if you are an alchemist.

This screenshot is proof that the stealth detection still works. Blizzard changed stealth so that the rogues level no longer determines the detection range, i did testing with a level 54 rogue friend on that same level 50 hunter and the detection range was exactly the same.
https://imgur.com/a/CBPjGYo

That puts an idea in my head. Why doesn’t the potion work like a DH’s vision??

it should … not sure why it has such a bad range and cost resources to boot ;/

I wish they were that strong. Anything to make rogue players quit the game or reroll. Next we need to give everyone a mass dispel for pallies, then the game would be perfect.

stealth is the ultimate defense in world pvp , every other class you can see them from a mile and either run / or plan what you want to do , making stealth detection pot stronger will not hinder anything

you wont know a stealth class is on you before it’s too late

it just doesn’t make sense why they give you an option to craft something that helps you detect stealth , but the range is very low

by the time you see some thing (very short range) you need to take into affect

Game latency / porting / charge sprint abilities

buffing the pot to say 20 yards would make it worth making

as it is , not even worth using unless you are a class that can double dip in stealth detection abilities (hunter i think?)

yeah hunters can get a stealth detection range of 15 yards if you use track hidden, catseye elixr, and elixir of the searching eye.
https://imgur.com/a/CBPjGYo

do these work in Arenas/Rated BGs?

no consumables cannot be used in rated content. You can use them in unrated bgs

1 Like

Boo. Heaven forbid that I’m able to have any possibility of better preparing myself to get the jump on a rogue in a BG.