Do people actually like Shadowdance in Outlaw/Assa?

Just a general question for the community. I’m curious because I absolutely hate this spell.

9 Likes

I leveled to 70 on beta with a shadow dance build and also continued using it when testing the season 1 pvp gear. Personally I think it pumps and gives a similar feel to a sub burst and you can do a nice combo with find weaknesses applied while your poisons and bleeds are ticking. It’s also nice to be able to kidney into a cheap shot without having to vanish. I’m not sure if it’s optimal talent choice but combined with sepsis it felt quite bursty. I’ve tried different talents but keep returning to it. For me personally its adds more fun factor and seemed ok when I tested in rated solo shuffle. If anything the playstyle with shadow dance added a lot of fun to assassination for me and you can also play the traditional style of assassination when shadow dance and sepsis is on cd.

5 Likes

Ya I’ve been playing an assa pvp build where I macro shadow dance to kingsbane and when my opener is set up the dots are rolling with +30% crit from master assassin and it’s timed perfectly to cheap shot out of the initial kidney

No.

/ 10chars

4 Likes

I tried using shadow dance for outlaw (playing on the ambush and sinister strike combos) - it was very clunky. I don’t see how it can play well for outlaw. Maybe you could pull it off.

For assassination, so many better options here not even worth trying.

1 Like

Horribly lazy and bland homogenizatuon of iconic rogue talent? No i dont like it thanks.

Does it feel good? Ehh. I havent played non subtlety enough to find out.

5 Likes

No it feels clunky and takes away from subs class fantasy while not really benefiting the fantasy of sin/outlaw

6 Likes

Yes it’s stupid easy and has a pretty great 1min burst window which is near perfect for M+ chain pulls and its solid for solo cause it can pick up leech and evasion without losing too much damage.

I think it is alright you can make some interesting builds for Assassination and Outlaw.

But I would have preffered if shadow blades being a cap stone because it was once available for all three specs. And shadow blades is not that integral to how Sub functions.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I get a kick out of these butt hurt sub rogues that think they are better then the other 2 specs cause the play sub. I bet they did this change to get away from the sub elitism. Sub is now the braindead spec while outlaw/assa is for the high skill capped players.

5 Likes

Calm your fingers bubs, you’re a warrior yet come into rogue forums calling our kind braindead.

3 Likes

Depends on your build, Dance + HO on outlaw feels pretty strong if you play around it properly by not misusing Audacity procs. It really helps supplement ST damage as well.

1 Like

Wish Sepsis and ER were affected by restless blades. Dance and Dreadblades together is a lot but I’m enjoying it so far

1 Like

I feel like the gameplay with Shadowdance feels like juggling while someone is trying to punch you in the face.

4 Likes

It’s not really Shadow Dance itself that I dislike because at least it changes your stance and action bar, it’s the other talents that buff Ambush (to make Dance worth taking at all) and enable non-stealth Ambush uses that muddy the gameplay to me. Mixing in another button press that has a similar but randomized frequency as Shiv or Between the Eyes just doesn’t feel that good to me even when just putting Ambush as a modifier on another ability.

1 Like

For outlaw, I think I like it better than echoing reprimand, I’ll put it like that.

3 Likes

I’ve been maining Outlaw this expansion and to me it feels pretty fine. I think it pairs pretty nicely with the left side of the Outlaw talent tree, and it feels like I’m using Ambush more than Sinister Strike. There’s a satisfying interplay between the two.

My general complaint is that Ghostly Strike and Sepsis feel redundant in this build when Ambush and Pistol Shot are so effectively dishing out damage and building combo points. I have to pick one of them, and don’t enjoy using either. I would much prefer a decent passive in that talent’s place.

1 Like

Im not taking Shadow dance as Assa you cant make me blizz

1 Like