Do Orc Rogues Not Really Look Cool/Make Sense?

I haven’t played Rogue since Cata. I was a NE rogue back then. I like being horde now, so I was trying to decide between UD or Orc rogue. In terms of racials, I think orc has still slightly better ones than undead for PvP and Blood Fury is good for PvE I assume.

Anyway, I just always thought an Orc rogue looked cool. Like I get that they’re big guys that typically are warriors/shamans, but an orc in black leather gear, daggers and vision of sargeras, for example, always appealed to me. It’s like a big tough stealthy baby. UD I get fits the rogue aesthetic more, but really mage is my fav for UD.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I think aesthetic wise undead has been way more popular. People seemed to go and stay orc cause of racials. I neve put such importance on them myself though. I like the notion of orc rogue but robed lol. I don’t think eithers a bad choice though.

When I think “Orc”, I think cornbread fed absolute unit answering a call to arms with their axe that was literally used to chop wood for the fire place. Their honor and dignity over all. Fighting for a place they call home. So Warrior or bust.

That being said, if you enjoy Orc sneaky snakes, play what you want!

1 Like

Aren’t there some orc rogues in the lore, though?

I mean yeah, tauren rogues and orc mages make 0 sense, but I remember the shattered halls having some sneaky, rogue-looking mobs.

1 Like

To me Orc rogue fit better on the Mag’har one than the original. Like the shattered hand clan and such

Lore wise there has been tauren rogue for a while I dont recall if it was baine secret unit or some sort but there was rogue tauren. Or even evil ones from the twilight hammer and such

Yes, we are there. We exist.

Now I feel like I made a mistake :frowning:
Also considering ally have better racials and can queue arena cross-faction.

Although, none of the ally races look cool to me for rogue. I still think orc/UD are the coolest rogues… but damn, I really look that out of place, huh?

I’m an orc rogue for the aesthetic.

Everyone’s perception of a Rogue will be somewhat different.

In GW2 there’s a “Hordish” race called the Charr and they have the Ash Legion which is like WoW’s SI:7, Shattered Hand, etc… I think they’re pretty cool.

Make your own fantasy. Be the Orc version of James Bond or Charlize Theron in Atomic Blonde.

I think they look pretty cool, but it really depends on what aesthetic or vibe you’re going for.
Orc generally has the best racials for PvP. I don’t know if that’s being shaken up now that you can get some stun reduction on gear, but even still having both that and a pseudo-damage trinket is incredible.

There’s orc rogues in the lore too if you’re into that. Who cares if you look “out of place” though haha. Make the character YOU want.
No matter what class I play, my Draenei always look out of place just because of how different they are from the other races, but most of my toons are still Draenei even though the racials are kinda crap because they’re my favorite.

Overall though. I think you made a good choice for your character. :slight_smile: I don’t think you made a mistake or anything like that.

1 Like

Right. But take that cornbread fed plain jane hunk of a simple man and give him a taste for the underhanded. Doesnt blink twice at a bit of mayhem. Same axe, but its swinging at the back of their head not their face.

YO COW

We always had here hidden in the shadows…

Cow here

Reporting for duty

1 Like