DO NOT upgrade your belt to tier set

The tier set is a SET. Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves and Legs has 2PC and 4PC powers. The Cloak, Belt, Boots is also part of the this Tier set but they dont have the 2 PC and 4 PC powers. They are more for Tmog purposes. Becoz if the set is complete with just Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves and Legs, it would look incomplete and ugly without the matching Cloak, Belt and Boots.

And it begins…

This one is on you. It gives you a preview of what the item will turn into. If you didn’t look at that, it’s on you, unfortunately.

8 Likes

Pretty sure that when Blizz says non-tier gear it means anything but obviously it’s not. it’s very specific gear. Their copywriter on this sucks for not being specific. Wasting people’s currency and time.

1 Like

They designed the system for that, it’s documented by Blizzard, it shows in game, it’s documented on every related site such as WoWhead that this would occur.

This is, someone didn’t read the instructions, now they’re complaining to support.

5 Likes

They did warn you…

2 Likes

This is from the official post on the subject by Blizz just this last week

Note that the 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses will only be on the helms, shoulders, chests, gloves, and legs.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that limiting the type of piece that the tier works with really messes people up for their currency grind and picking a legendary. Now they introduce a whole new gear system at the end of the expansion wasting our time. Tier set powers should go to two pieces of gear you choose or any 4 you choose. Making this complicated ruins player engagement.

Bonuses have always gone only to certain items in a set .

Translation:

“I personally don’t like this so it ruins PLAYER ENGAGEMENT”

8 Likes

I can completely understand OP. It’s hard to read, specially when there are letters.

10 Likes

I don’t think there’s been a belt slot for a teir bonus since TBC with the sunwell teir 6 bonuses. :thinking:

2 Likes

Not sure what your confused about but it literally says that it will convert THE SPECIFC ARMOR pieces into tier sets, I.E. helm, chest, legs, hands and shoulder. Anything else simply will turn into a mog piece from the raid and get the corresponding stats from the raid equivalent.

2 Likes

They give you a preview window before you convert your piece of gear. If it doesn’t show the tier set bonus on it, it will not count towards your tier set bonus.

The reason you can convert waist is because it changes the appearance to the raid appearance. That’s a really cool added feature for transmog collectors.

2 Likes

That’s why it also shows you in game what you’d receive…

4 Likes

Cool, it’s on op then. I haven’t used it yet.

Can’t blame blizzard(for once) for something that you had 100% control of

4 Likes

On the contrary, players have chosen specific legendaries and the tier system now changes that making it a very wasteful experience for players. Your legendary power and tier set choices should offer synergy to how you play your character. Action Economy is essential in this game since much of it rests in borrowed powers and cc spam.

I mean it would help if Blizzard put some effort in. There’s a reason the game is deader than ever. It’s virtually impossible to get into and no new player is ever going to play this game when you have stuff like this.

THere have been at least 2 threads this week warning people about what they should do and what items give bonuses and what do not .

How can people say they are not informed ? How do they even know if the thing exists or is active without checking some kind of outside of in the game source like here in the forums .

If a person that just stays in game and never checks anything I would understand because if I was in game and didn’t know I would be going “We can do what to gear”

Anyone that knows about the catalyst has gone to sources on the web. If they didn’t read everything about how it works , it’s because they only read what they wanted to and that any thing beyond a sentence to them needs a tdlr.

2 Likes

It says item set not tier set, i was wrong about that, i assume that item set was tier, but was a mog option and new stats (very bad stats btw)… when i saw the belt option i just took it.
Now its on a gm hand.